Alpha 11 Unstable Bugs and Suggestions

Bugs:
**1:**Crates don’t have an empty-all command; workers do not draw from them often or realize that items are stored in them and will often walk farther to a stockpile.

2: Crafters, after switching classes and then back again, will not re-occupy their previous work benches.

3: Members of parties sometimes do not respond to attack/defend indications. This resulted in the death of 3 Hearthlings, because my Footmen decided walking around a farm plot was more worthwhile than crushing the skull of Zombi the Dreaded and his 5 skeleton friends.

4: Invaders spawn in extremely strange locations, as if town borders mean nothing. As 3 indicated, I had 5 undead spawn inside a well-lit mining shaft in the center of my town. Other times, I had the undead spawn in my moats, only to come climbing up the ladders I had to build due to immigrants spawning in my lake.

**5:**Immigrants spawn in unsafe locations. I’ve had them spawn on inaccessible mountains, within lakes, and inside construction-zones.

6: Goblin camps spawn with no regard to walls, or other Hearthling building’s proximity. I’ve had Goblin chieftan camps spawn within town walls I constructed to keep them out, sometimes directly adjacent to them. Numerous tiny goblin fire-pits sprout up when there should be no way for them to spawn there within fenced perimeters, or behind hearthling homes beside mountains with no accessible features.

7: Crafter (Blacksmith) refused to put down two steel shields from within his backpack for all of 2 days, while my footmen were forced to continue using wooden shields to fight off the undead scourge. I did not have a way for him to put them down.

8: When building larger buildings (Bigger than 32x32) with 8 roof height, my workers decided it was too much of a chore to build the roof. The building was never completed. Things to note: Only one side did not have the angled-roof down, and I used the block tool to create a raised floor in the center of the building.

9: Stone roads are never filled. I have had this problem since 10.5, I can’t seem to get my workers to fill the roads with stone after they dig them out, even after having a mason make stone bricks, which can’t even be placed in a stockpile for some reason.

Suggestions:
1: The Bronze breastplate item is of no greater value than the standard footman military uniform. (+5 for both) That means Padded cloth armor, Leather armor, and bronze breastplate are all worthless uses of resources, as they either are lesser or equal in terms of defensive bonuses when they replace the base footman defensive bonus. Scaling must be done to make these avenues worthwhile.

2: Likewise, all weapons are left in the shadow of the mighty bone mace. I will sell the beds my Hearthlings sleep on for that +24 bone mace attack bonus (At first it was on accident because for whatever reason, I can do that now when I click sell 10 but eventually it became common place…) Everything else my blacksmiths can make are literal metal garbage in comparison to the wicked bone-wrought club.

3: As with the weapons and armor-- containers should have a sense of scaling with necessary resources used. The leatherbound chest is worse than the crate, and costs more… I understand looks, but it’s a chest! It should be good. I love how the chest looks, as well, such a cool furniture item. Will there potentially be Iron-bound chests, and the like as well? If Goblin thieves/other bandits were actually good at sneaking, I’d say treasure-chests of varying qualities would be a good investment.

My suggestion is proper scaling, otherwise make weapons and armor more dynamic and different in their uses. Smaller weapons should attack faster, where-as larger ones should attack slower, longer reach weapons should give defensive bonuses against certain larger creatures, and mounted enemies. Light armor should allow footmen to move faster/dodge more, where as heavier armor should slow them down and reduce blows. Maybe make certain types of enemies more resilient/less resilient towards certain weapons. (IE a skeleton being weak against crushing weapons because ya gotta break dem bones)

On a similar train of thought for suggestions; you guys could try and have a go at making the combat and Hearthling attributes even more interesting by having Hearthlings have a preferred weapon that they get special abilities with, and if you have multiple weapons to choose from, they’ll pick the one that best suits them. You could even have a weapon training system that acts as a type of mini-leveling mechanic for the footman, which grants them additional types of attacks/bonuses the longer they train with a weapon type.

Whenever magic eventually gets inputted into Stonehearth, you could also do a magical affinity for elements/types of magic for each Hearthling, too. Similar to how if a shepherd has high-compassion, if a magical Hearthling has an affinity for the type of magic they are doing, it’s better. It’d be fun to see how the affinities play out in other aspects of the game, too. Maybe a fire affinity lends a hand towards blacksmithing, and an earth affinity towards farming and masonry.

3 Likes