Alpha 1 General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

@Geoffers747 and i had tossed this idea around a bit… let’s see if this works as expected! :smile:

we’ll try and leverage a nice (clean) running thread of all the general questions that might pop up… eventually, this can evolve (or be used to create) a more substantial FAQ of sorts…

we’ll start by tossing in a handful of those questions floating about!

1 Like

After you put down the Crafter Outbox is there any way to move, delete, or expand the box?

how to save town pls

yeah… sorry but saving isnt in the game yet. However, i do think they are adding it ASAP

yea, sry, i was harsh.
I’m actuaally kinda annoyed that no matter what kind of mac-host-but-windows-software-installer you use, you need a disk drive, the one thing my macbook air doesn’t have. just mad at everybody, sry.

Why do you need a disk drive? Can’t you use something like Daemon tools to have a virtual drive?

@fallenhaze_djc No save feature yet - as gameplay expands and stabilise it will be more worthwhile working on. Not sure when that will be though.

oh i’ve been wondering. i installed virtual box, and everything went very well until the very last step. it said that before i opened, i needed a VIRTUAL OPTICAL DISK FILE. what is that?

What are you trying to do?

This might be helpful for you: http://www.cnet.com.au/create-a-virtual-optical-drive-in-five-simple-steps-339303468.htm

um, i don’t know what that is. i think i said drive, but i meant disk file. i have no idea what that is. does anybody know what a VIRTUAL OPTICAL DISK FILE is?

I imagine a virtual optical disk file is an .iso that runs on virtual optical drives.

What is it you’re trying to do?

FAQ: Is there a Mac version available?

Answer: Not yet, however it is planned to come at some point down the road. For now, a good workaround solution would be to use programmes such as Wine, which allows you to run Windows stuff on your Mac, including Stonehearth.

1 Like

what are all the controls like to go into build mode and why are my workers stop building in the middle of building a house

I am looking around everywhere, but I just can’t find a way to cancel or demolish a building.
Currently I have my villagers divided into building a small room, and a custom building. Its quite annoying as the custom building didn’t turn out as planned… and I want to remove it. If there is a way to do it please clue me in, but if there isn’t it needs to be put in, as a bunch of half built buildings or plans scattered around your town will be very ugly and space consuming.

Btw, this is my first time actually making a thread, and I wasn’t sure wether to put this in Bug Reports or Development, please change it if I was wrong @SteveAdamo.

I’m assuming we can’t destroy buildings in Alpha, I have also looked around for a way to demolish but can’t find it.

Please, lets not turn this into a forum fight. How bout we just sit back, relax, and take a sip of our fresh, cold, homemade, Stonehearth Alpha 1.

I appreciate this might come across as slightly tyrannous, and it’s not the way I wish to conduct things on the forum but the reality is I’m stretched right now and will be deleting comments that are unhelpful in this manner.

I appreciate your apology @EvanX3oooo and I think you made your point @Wildcat

As for deleting structures, I imagine the feature hasn’t made it in to Alpha 1. I haven’t had too much time playing around myself so I’m afraid I don’t know!

well wild, i would, but the thing is, i’m having trouble downloading stuff, and it’s really. really. really annoying me off. like a lot. maybe that would explain y I’m negate right now.

Do you have steam? If so log into humble bundle, go to the stonehearth page that you hopefully claimed, get the steam key, and enter it into steam. in steam click games at the very top, then activate product. Enter the key and it should start downloading.

no. i did that a very long time ago. i don’t have windows. my trouble is with getting windows software on my macbook air that is without an optical disk drive.

I suppose your right. Does stonehearth even work on Mac/Linux yet? But yeah, getting windows software on a a mac is a pain.