2310 and 206 x 32 lags so bad it's unplayable - 210 a bit better

I started a specific thread since the devs mentioned this specifically:

We’re still trying to track down one bug for Alpha 9, where the game
runs at a really slow framerate right at startup. If you can reproduce
this bug and have any info for us, please respond in the comments.

From a fresh game lag is so bad the last two builds that’s it’s unplayable on my 32bit AMD machine. (Game STILL crashes on start when in 64bit mode)

UI lag takes 5-10 seconds to register each click.

System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/10/13 10:04:36 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16284MB RAM
Page File: 4591MB used, 27976MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/10/13 10:04:36 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16284MB RAM
Page File: 4591MB used, 27976MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Same as this perhaps? Though I’m a little confused about the operating system set up of that poster:

Other reports seems to limit the lag to mining and building (yes, mining has always lagged the game and continues to do so). This report is game stopping lag from the get-go. I also had this lag on 2310, which is why I added in 206 and started a new thread to cover both.

On my AMD system the game is unplayable from terrible lag, so I can never even get to building or mining. From the moment I try to plant my flag, it’s several seconds delay for every mouse click and UI response.

Well not really that’s where it started with the thread he linked to indeed has to do with the game lagging not just the mining and building.

Now there haven’t been any reports as far as I found that had such a severe case off lagg in game tho. At the startup and during save-file loading yes.

It’s strange that I’ve watched the game get progressively worse on my system to the point that I can’t play it anymore (on my AMD box). I hope they get this hammered out before the full Alpha 9, because right now I can’t play at all - and I was really getting excited for StoneHearth.

have you checked the log-file for aything specific? Could you also try starting it up to the point that you can see what the game is doing and take a picture of that expanded so we can see what is consuming your pc?

Please post a link to your user_settings.json and stonehearth.log files. Thanks.

Log stuff

210 Update: Constant lag is about 75 percent better (still bad, but playable), but it’s killing my machine (note-still can’t run 64bit version):

Entire system is laggy when StoneHearth is running.

stonehearth.log, not ,json. The json file contains the default configuration and is pretty useless.

2 Likes

Yes and no.
stonehearth.json is fairly useless.
user_settings.json is extremely useful for us, as we can find all crashes for a particular user if we know their “user_id” in user_settings.json. please continue to forward this to us.

As RP mentions, though, I really need to take a look at your stonehearth.log, too.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the 32-bit version of the game is going to continue crashing until we can look at dramatically reducing our memory usage. I plan to work on this in they very near future and we might have some improvement for alpha 10.

In the meantime, let’s try to get your 64-bit builds from not crashing so much. Could you do this for me?

1. Enable 64-bit builds again.
  2. Run it a few times. Let it crash!!
  3. Link your user_settings.json and stonehearth.log here again.

Thanks for your help and patience. I know crashing is super annoying, and I’m trying to fix them all.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for telling me how useless the stonehearth.json file is. I grabbed it by accident.

Have the new logs shortly

Here’s both the 32bit log and also the 64bit crash logs

Sorry to say, not much in the 64bit crash log. Anything I can do to help with the 64bit crash on load, just let me know. Certainly next game rig I build is going to be Intel!