Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the menu
  2. Click “Post a bug”

Expected Results:
The link should be /c/support/bug-reports

Actual Results:
The link shown is /c/support/active-bug

Notes:
Well, not exactly a bug, but since I wanted to report another bug and saw this ^^

Attachments:
none

Version Number and Mods in use:
develop-2807 x64 (vanilla)

System Information:
[OS] Windows 10 Enterprise x64
[CPU] Intel i7
[GPU] Intel HD Graphics 4400
[RAM] 4GB

3 Likes

hey there @Vallantyn, welcome to the discourse :smile:

thanks for the report, good catch! and i also can confirm that this is this case.

While we are talking about the bug report screen, I think it needs more TLC than just fixing the link. Here is the current screen text:

Thanks for participating in the Stonehearth Alpha! Here’s how you can file a bug.

1. Go to http://discourse.stonehearth.net/c/support/active-bug
  2. Check the list of active topics, and if your bug hasn’t already been reported, create a new topic
  3. When filing bugs, please include screenshots of the error
  4. If you’re reporting a crash bug, include your unique user id

user id here

Here is what I propose it should be:

Thanks for participating in the Stonehearth Alpha! Here’s how you can file a bug.

1. Go to Bug Reports - Stonehearth Discourse
  2. Check the list of active topics, and if your bug hasn’t already been reported, create a new topic
  3. When filing bugs, please be sure to include all the information requested in the report, and copy the text of all engine errors
  4. If you’re encountering a crashing bug, please check out Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016 for common solutions, and how to get support for crashes

I don’t think we should be requesting screenshots as you cannot search/copy text from one.

4 Likes

Can we link to the bug report template? :smiley:

well when you create a new topic in the bug report category it automatically has the template in the report, so really just telling them to come to the bug report category and make a new topic is enough.

(hopefully my wording makes sense)

1 Like

I was having a hard time writing it as well. Kept repeating “bug report category” over and over!

2 Likes

It’s almost a shame we couldn’t put the template straight into the game as a form, and post that back to Discourse through an API. …hey, I can dream.

Hey look! you actually can do it:

You can create a discourse user via API:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/creating-a-user-through-restful-users-api/9359/6

and you can post to discourse via API too:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-can-we-create-post-topic-in-discourse-using-api/29212/6

… Fancy.

1 Like

Unfortunately the report would come in under a specific user…and we would have no way of communicating. A better system, IMO, would be to wait for Discourse to add email support to their hosted sites so we could do something like have the user fill the template, and “Click here to send an email” which would open up a users default email client. Alternatively, we could provide them will a “wall of text” to copy and paste into their email…

Actually, you could hook Discourse users to SH User ID strings, and let people log into Discourse from inside the game if they have accounts, or generate one if they don’t.

Probably not where TR wants to devote their time and attention right now, but it’s technically doable. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll update the post a bug strings to be what jomaxro suggested.
Look for it in the next unstable release
thanks!
-Yang

4 Likes