Writer’s Workshop Discussion. Cycle 1, Week 2 - The story of Mer Burlyhands

Well… thank you. I’m surprised it was so well received. I would have wrote the battle scene, but that’d be too long. I tried to keep it short, because I feel not too many people want to read walls of text.

I went through and edited a single word, if it doesn’t break the rules. I realized I called it a ‘behemoth of bone’ and then called it a winged demon a few lines later. I was going to originally write it as a massive skeleton, but the world ‘skeleton,’ in my opinion, sounds silly in the mouth.

Did we not agree on wondrous wordsmith?! Am I not good enough for you?!

I held myself back from reading anything after until I finished my submission, so I am excited about reading it all now!
Also I would appraciate any feedback you folks wanna give on my piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

we did indeed… my humblest apologies for the oversight, and i only ask that you show leniency…

please, dont force me to watch the Best of the Kardashians again, i beg you!

Force is such an ugly word for something you enjoyed so so much.

Great job with that story and I congratulate you on moving up to the finals, :trophy:, good luck with the finals.

1 Like

I can’t find the latest one so now i’m here… are… are we stopping this?
(this was a year old topic by the way. We have been here awhile. Happy late anniversary!)

no sir… “we’re” just being lazy… :smile:

I fully intend to resurrect the writer’s workshop, its just a matter of perfect stellar alignment, I suppose… i’m open to some themes/suggestions though! :smiley:

Here is a Suggestion:

An “average” morning at Radiant Entertainment’s office.

A magic system… that could be a writers workshop.“can you create a magic system?”

I’ll shamelessly use this revival and plug in my latest fan fiction I did for rimworld:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4015.0

Oh and also next month another NaNoWriMo Camp is starting!

So… if this competition is not revived then just join me and write a novel, or a stage play, or a comic script or well anything you would like to write!

1 Like

wait… how did i miss this?!? nice work @PDanford! :smile: :+1: