As it is now, the villager interface looks like this:
I have a few gripes with this interface.
- First and foremost, I’m not able to see the stats for all of my villagers at the same time. This makes looking for someone with a good “Mind” or a high “Body” kind of a chore, since I have to click all of them and see which one is the best.
- Secondly, but also a major nuisance, is the fact that there is no quick way to disable, for example, “Job” for everyone EXCEPT a few. As it is now, you have to disable “Job” for every single villager, except for the ones that you do want to work their specialty.
- The third issue is a small one: the checkboxes aren’t centered under their name
So, I propose a revamp of this interface. After messing around in paint a bit, this is what I came up with. Please keep in mind, I used the icons from the “New Game” interface and added the villager info by just modifying the “Tasks” tab, so it doesn’t look great… just to get an idea.
This solves the issues, and adds some functionality:
- You can see all the stats in one glance, and you’re able to sort your villagers accordingly.
- You can disable or enable everything for a class (just like you could before) but now, you can enable only a few after doing so.
- Things are aligned properly
Let me know what you guys think.
Quick suggestion: make it possible for “special villagers” (e.g. combat units, farmers, cooks, etc) to be able to do building or mining, but only when their “Job” is disabled.