Vegetable or Fruit (not a real Bug)

While working on something I was looking through the game files of the Stonehearth smod.
And I stumbled upon a (very) little, for me, disturbing tag in the json files of the
watermelon
golden gourd
prickly pear
pumpkin

I know that stonehearth is in a fantasy world :wink: but currently the only fruit in the game is the berry and you can argue if a (example)watermelon is a fruit or vegetable.
But this game is missing some fruits.

That is why I think, if it is possble, that at least the prickly pear or one or two of the other current vegetables should be made into a fruit only or a crossover of fruit and vegetable.

I have too much time on my hands :smiley:

5 Likes

I always thought of watermelon as a fruit, but I think the reason why we don’t have a lot of fruits in-game right now is because fruits tend to grow on trees, which would take probably awhile to implement.

1 Like

In culinary terms prickly pears and watermelons are used as fruit while gourds and pumpkins are prepared like vegetables, so I’d reclassify prickly pears and watermelons.

2 Likes

Yeah. The scientific definitions are all kinds of messed up (see: “what is a berry?” - a question which my friends and I spent a whole year arguing about off and on after we decided the scientific definition we googled didn’t make sense) so classifying crops based on their culinary use makes more sense.

1 Like