I think you need a uptade routine like every week we get a small update like bugfixes new furnitures ets and every month a biger update like classes ets
I honestly like their current update service. They update the game about once a month or two with alot of content or fixes and if they need to push out hotfixes or new revisions they do. The only thing I wish they would update faster is the Humble Bundle versions.
@Ozzy1, I can share with you that the development cycle is not going to change anytime soon. Here is the current routine:
- Work starts on a new Alpha.
- The team works for ~3 weeks developing new features, models, sounds, and other game assets.
- The first release is made on Steam Latest beta branch.
- The team works to resolve outstanding bugs and issues reported over ~3 weeks. They also listen to feedback regarding the new features they implemented.
- Once the game is stable enough, they switch from develop builds to release builds.
- Once the release build is confirmed stable, it is pushed to the main Steam branch.
- The team fixes any major game stopping bugs/crashes found.
- The Alpha is then pushed to Humble Bundle.
Unfortunately this is not as easy as the team would like. Pushing to Humble Bundle is a much more involved process then Steam (which only takes a few clicks - trust me, I got to push that button once ). Humble also isn’t automatic, it requires the user to manually downlaod the update - so the team doesn’t want to push an update that contains big issues as it is an added hassle for players to update frequently.
@jomaxro Still even after 1 to 2 weeks after initial release the next Alpha version should be available right? Stable of course
Yes, it should. Humble is updated within 2 weeks of Steam stable, typically sooner. For A18 it took 8 days - there were a few lingering issues from the Steam stable release (a missing DLL file and an analytics issue) that prevented the update from being pushed.