Undo-ing windows leaves holes

Summary: Clicking “undo” after placing a window in custom-build mode sometimes leaves a hole in wall that doesn’t go away, and you cannot put a window back in it

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a custom building that has walls
  2. Place a window
  3. Press “undo” button

Expected Results: wall re-solidifies after removing window, and window could be replaced in same location if desired

Actual Results: hole remains in wall the same size as window, and window cannot be placed back in hole to “seal it up”

Notes: This doesn’t happen 100% of the time, and I haven’t yet figured out what causes it to happen. When it has happened to me a few times, I was putting a rectangular or a square wooden window in a second-floor wall (see picture). Eventually I got it the holes to disappear, but I’m not sure what I did… it might have been when I changed the color of the wall (?)

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: 0.22.5 (release 763) x64 build, no mods

System Information: Dell XPS 9550, Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM

1 Like

jap, undo currently is a blueprint murderer

never use it, you are always better off deleting your mistakes manually
it may take 2 seconds longer, but it wont completly screw your build

at least it didnt build endless windows at the same place. because you wont fix THOSE XD

Is there any way to delete walls because I find undo is the only way. Using the delete tool on a wall doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

Real easy fix on this. After removing the window, select the wall, change the color, then change it back. Fixes it.

3 Likes

I really want them to fix and/or make it so you can delete roofs and walls, particularly walls.

If I didn’t like the look of the walls or didn’t like the layout of the building, you either use undo or you delete it. It’s frustrating and really annoying and I’m not sure why they haven’t fixed it a long time ago.

I know the developers got a lot on their plate, but c’mon. I’m sure it’s not that hard to fix, right?

They’re having to redo the entire building editor right now, so… it probably was. The new editor should be easier to change things with, though. And since I imagine they’re building it with Undo from the start once they get it all together, hopefully that should break less.

1 Like

nope, walls are the exception
because we cant delete them, they disabled that “feature”/function