[Tut] Mac/Linux users, how to get Stonehearth from Steam (on your platform)

Hi,

trying to use this method in 2018 with Stonehearth alpa 24, I’m running into a problem. I have a plain text .acf file with the correct name and the pasted code setup in the steamapps folder. Downloading in background have I also turned on but if I open steam nothing happens. Is this guide still working in 2018 or is there another way?

Thanks in advantage.

Right-click on the game name and choose “Properties.” Do “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES” under the “LOCAL FILES” tab in the Properties window. This should force trigger the download process.

Man… you’re a real hero. I can’t describe how happy I am. Since I don’t have any knowledge about wine and all that stuff I’m really thankful for this forum.

Celebrated to early. :frowning:

After a couple of tries with no succes I decided to delete everything and followed the steps very precisely.
Everything is going good according to the steps but If I press on ‘Copy a Folder Inside’ and select the folder ‘Stonehearth’ I just get a white screen and it’s stuck. Then it shuts itself down and I get the Wineskin menu with the ‘Install software’ and all that kind of stuff. If I click on advanced I can see that the Windows EXE is correct; /Program Files/Stonehearth/Stonehearth.exe. If I run it, nothing happens and after one minute I get 2 logs:

LastRunX11.log (3.6 KB)
LastRunWine.log (1.7 KB)

I’m completly stuck… help :confounded:

Using:
Wine 1.7
Engine WS9Wine2.22
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Trying A24.3? (not sure cause of Steam saying install latest and A24.3 now on Steam unstable)

Maybe wineskin is not compatible… site says: “Wineskin works on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and later” but by downloads it’s only going to Yosemite 10.10. I really don’t know… help :confused: