This is Bob & Google+ :)

If I may @SteveAdamo why don’t you like this thread (other than youtube spam) what has it done? also to answer your question @sommerbreze and others about who the Revolutionary man Bob is here is a Video I found sorta explaining it…
Bob Army Against Google - Let’s go!

GLORY TO BOB!!!

P.S. what does everyone think about this new commenting system?

P.S.S. How many of you think the Bobalution is necessary?

i was just venting for the sake of venting… well, that and the spammage was causing my OCD to become inflamed… :smile:

as for the actual topic, all ive heard is how terrible the comment system is, but have yet to feel the pain myself… then again, i did just change my creds, so i havent been logged in for about 2 weeks…

1 Like

Ah Well I do wish thou art’s computer may load much faster…and my friend if you want to change this Bobalution upon the youtubes thou must start PEACEFUL BOB!! insted of thy VIOLENT BOB!

Anyone have peaceful Bob images? or can make some?

:slight_smile:/
/▌
/ \

Here is a Bob template now just make him hold a peace sign with message or something.

P.S. Just found out how Bob came to be he originally didn’t fight to repel the new Commenting system, but to be a dictator of the youtubes

steveking, lost heart finds home.

1 Like

Have you heard what youtubers have said about “bob”, tanks, etc? many dislike them because people spam it on their videos, and it takes them time to remove that spam.

2 Likes

I honestly think that the worst thing about the comment changes are
a) the ability to have more than 140 Characters or whatever the limit was before (more spam now)
b) links (more spam)
c)they broke the reply function
d) the rating system for comments. Reading the top comments on a video was often at least 25% of the fun, if not greater…

2 Likes

▬▬▬.◙.▬▬▬
═▂▄▄▓▄▄▂
◢◤ █▀▀████▄▄▄▄◢◤
█▄ █ーJ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬░ :slight_smile:/
◥█████░ ░░░░░░░░░ ░ /▌
══╩══╩══ ░░░░░░ ░░ ░ /\

Bob has decided that nuclear
:slight_smile:/ / \ weapons are the only way to fix youtube.
/▌ |☢| Copy and Paste this all over youtube
/ \ //||\ to completely obliterate Google

I’m just gonna say what I said on another post. I couldn’t care less about google+ integration. Google is just pushing a free product on their own free product. They are giving you youtube for free, don’t complain about how they are trying to further their own interests (hey, who wouldn’t?). What worries me are the links. The ability to spread anything over YouTube comments (and we all know the kinds of people that hang around in the comments section.) is really frightening. At first, I wasn’t so against them until the top comments on some of my favorite videos immediately became hyperlinks to an “unscenely” website. It makes me worried. Oh, not to mention the ability to spread viruses and spyware.

1 Like

I’ll agree with the initial bit, some of the people claiming it’s immoral to integrate G+ with YT is obscene. If it’s remaining free as it always has been, how can anyone even try to go near morals? It just confuses me. If I’m honest I think the whole Bob thing and this petition apparently going down to encourage them to revert back is just rude. It’s their free product that people are you using, the least they could do is do something for Google, like simply sign up for G+.

As for links, they have always existed. If you’re silly enough to click one with a URL you don’t recognise, I’m not going to pity you. On younger videos where viewers will be younger, maybe they shouldn’t be available then. And when they’re top comments I might give you that, I might be tempted to click on a link if it was top comment, but often the grammar and context of the comment gives away the kind of link it will be. But even if it’s not, this isn’t Youtube’s fault. Whoever is sad enough to sit there and just like their comment on their 20 fake accounts they made to make some unsuspecting people (some of whom might be a little bit young) see some inappropriate or possibly disturbing images can take the blame. Perhaps Google should take some measures towards stopping multiple accounts on the same IP address liking the same comment.

But as I said at the beginning of that paragraph, links have always existed, or at least sorta - people would post URLs in the comments and you could copy it into your address bar. You could argue that the integration of hyperlinks means that people are more likely to make the effort to include bad links and other people are more likely to go through to these links, but you still have to click on the link.

And viruses and spyware should be stopped by your anti-virus software or require permission. Why people think they can get viruses just from visiting a website yet continue to pay for anti-virus is beyond me. What do they think it does?!

3 Likes

I understand your point, but I also want to point out that a direct link is much more appetizing (really brain, that’s the right word?) to click on. And I know that I’m not gonna click on ANY links in the comments section, for we all know what kinds of people attach themselves there, but I do worry for other people that don’t spend much time on the site. The chance for the comments section to spread shifty sights and, what I’m most worried about, malware, to people that don’t know how to fix it.

Again, that’s just what I feel is the LARGEST issue, and quite possibly the only issue with what the comments section has changed to. Google+ doesn’t matter, its not like its hurting anyone to link (for lack of a better word) their youtube account with google+.

I suppose I haven’t really been considering the people who don’t really use Youtube and are only on there briefly. I still say no matter what, you click on a link to somewhere you don’t know, more fool you, no matter what. But these people will be a bit unsuspecting. However, from Google’s point of view, these aren’t their most important users…I’m not saying Google doesn’t care for those who aren’t frequent users and bringing in the money, but I am saying that I seem to recall a vague demand for links, people finding it simply inconvenient that they had to cut up their URL and it wasn’t hyperlinked, and this is from the people who use it most. If they don’t cater to these people, they start to fade away.

Malware can be very clever, and I personally have been got by it, but if you have some sense you know how to deal with it. It’s just that I was 11 then and panicked when it said “You have 394 viruses! Click here to fix!” aswell as having a replica UI of my anti-virus except that the status was altered. I don’t think most adults or even me at this age would be got by that kind of thing though.

But the thing is, many adults DON’T know not to click dodgy links and what to do when things go south. The ones that spend time on the computer do, but there ARE still people out there that don’t, not to mention the kids who browse youtube. I can see why links could be useful, but I think the risks of malware/spyware and links to the dodgy part of the Internet (which I recently found out only is about 15% of the Internet, not the rumored 50%) far outway the benefits.

My brain wants to say that youtube should only allow internal links, but I’m trying to quiet it.

Why in the world would I do this?

No idea.

There’s only one way to deal with this sort of deviance.

2 Likes