The Three Kingdoms Perks & Drawbacks

I disagree. I think purely aesthetic changes is boring. What is the point of having blue shirts instead of green shirts? And having different names? I think that 3 totally different races gives the game some variety if the races have their own unique challenges to overcome.

5 Likes

I think each faction should have a different class tree. Not totally different, mind you, but with one or two units swapped out. The new units would look different, but behave almost identically to their counterparts. With one exception: their level-up skill set would be different [and so might some of the crafted products] showing the strengths and values of each seperate faction. This is a mostly aesthetic difference, and the gameplay difference doesn’t need to change how you play. Possibly, travelers from other kingdoms could join your city, allowing you equal access to other crafted products and skills. That would remove long-term gameplay difference without removing depth.

2 Likes

some ideas on key differences:

Different housing

Slight changes in classes- hunter instead of trapper for example (small aesthetic class changes)

different tameable pets

Different workshops (thinking more dwarves but who doesn’t want a dwarves forge)

Different clothing- some races good in warmth and bad in cold… increases the need to trade clothing with seasons

Just a few ideas that sprung to mind :smile:

2 Likes

different biome strengths? elves could be 10% faster in forests, dwarves 10% underground and we could make a fish people race with a breathing passive to make cities underwater oo

bunny race gets 20% more food satisfaction from eating carrots

2 Likes