The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread

Thanks for helping. So, it gave me 2 logs, Information and Error. Here is the pastebin:

Moreover, I restarted my computer and it seems when I launch the preview, it gave me an error box saying “!readPending_” and then another message “obj”. Both of the message window title is “Stonehearth Assertion Failed”.
Then it pops a message saying Stonehearth has stopped working.

1 Like

absolutely! and your test results, while disappointing im sure, are at least providing more data points for radiant… :+1:

im sure they will work as diligently as they can to resolve as many of these issues as possible before the preview drops…

edit: finally had a chance to run the test… surprised to report, it ran flawlessly on my aging PC:

Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1 (64 bit)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core
2GB system memory
GeForce 9500 GT

Im having the mouse issue too. When it is the stone hearth mouse icon it does not show except over text. When it is the system mouse icon it shows until I go over stonehearth text and then it goes poof again. Also zooming in and out are laggy.

likewise… first attempt went fine, but each additional attempt has given me this error prompt…

application logs produced the following:

Application-Error-Log.txt (1.7 KB)

Same exact problem. Opens then instantly closes only a blank screen. We also have similar stats.

You are welcome! After a few moments of thinking, I decided to update my graphics drivers which was 331.40 to 331.65. I didn’t update it because I thought it was just a small update since I am using a 331 update series already. Do note that I use nvidia.
I have good news and bad news.

The good news is* * drumroll **, it works, I finally able to get it run!!! It was a bit laggy but it was the 4x MSAA that was causing so I edit it to 1x in the Stonehearth.ini file and it was 3x smoother. The bunnies are cute.

The bad news is sometimes I get the !readPending_ error in a fraction of my attempts on launching the preview.

P.S. Keep up the fantastic work guys!

1 Like

I get !readPending… followed by a crash

I am running
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Processor AMD A6-3650 APU
Video Card NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Ram 8 gb

Essentially just a HP model p7-1234 with the geforce video card added

all good except for the inability to highlight things
EDIT: opened Google and about 25 tabs and the game still ran smooth (had videos run in background too)

2 Likes

Runs flawless!
Tried it several times without an error :grin:

I smell progress…and i love progress ^^

Just echoing @sdee’s comments: thanks for all the great feedback and stacktraces! This is doing exactly what we want: shaking the tree, so that all the annoying compatibility bugs and whatnot fall out now, and not at launch :smile:

Just in case anyone’s curious about CPU usage: we’re not enabling vsync for the test, so what’s happening is your CPU is just feeding the graphics card as fast as possible, and thus ends up never getting a chance to rest. In the full game, you’ll have the option of enabling vsync, which will mean that (if your machine is reasonably powerful) your CPU won’t be working nearly so hard to run the game (and it’ll look nicer, without any screen tearing).

Also also: some of you have crazy powerful systems. We’ve seen a handful break 700 FPS…

3 Likes

while mine, undoubtedly, offered a blistering speed of, say… 7 FPS? :smile:

glad to hear the results are proving useful though! :+1:

3 Likes

Not able to crash it yet. Works fine.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB

Getting:

• 22 FPS zoomed in. 15 FPS zoomed in during day/night change
  • 28 FPS zoomed out. 20 FPS zoomed out during day/night change

about 50 % CPU usage
100 % GPU usage

That’s due to camera distance and backface-culling. It’s completely normal :smile:

My report:

• Contant z-fight with joint polygons which I’m sure the devs already aware.
  • rabbit’s un-realistic/un-natural ‘turn around’s’

otherwise, everything else seems fine.

• dynamic shadow works
  • object highlight works
  • animations appear correct.
  • daylight cycle appears to work.

system info sent.

2 Likes

Hi.

Error message when launching:

!readPending_

got the same probs as “onnings”. shutting down my second monitor and the game starts.
and the thing i noticed is a huge cpu usage, running around 80-90%.

got a:
AMD 250e 2*3.0 GHz
Geforce 550 TI
8gb Ram Kingston
Windows 7 with all updates

thx a lot

I get the read pending error about 1 in 5 times I open it.

There is some Z fighting going on with the bunnies:

You can kind of see it in this screenshot. In action those sections of the model are flashing like Z-fighting is going on. Now that I look closer, it’s happening on their tails and the peoples knuckles.

Same problem @emicl91 has, no cursor.
And I got a poor performance (low fps, stuttering) due to my old notebook.

WIn7 Home 64Bit
IntelCore i3 M 330 @ 2.13GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
RAM 4GB

@sdee & @not_owen_wilson… is there a way to deactivate the reporting function after I have activated it? I have started to play around with the files and do not want to confuse your tracking tool by me sending modding-related error reports :wink:.

Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Hello!! I’ve tried this in a Windows XP and i get the ADVAPI32.dll Error that some people mentioned a few posts ago. Searching through the windows support database, i found that this is actually an error that happens in windows XP because it’s a really old system(also it’s mentioned that this no longer happens with system that have windows Vista or superior); And i actually found a fix for this.

I couldn’t tried it, because it’s only for x64 systems, and i’m using a 32-bit SO, but maybe it’s useful for other people.

here’s the original widows message;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2831573

from there, you ca download the fix and try it. Hope this can help!!

as soon as i can use my other computer, i’ll post my results of the test :p. see ya!!

EDIT: First conclusion, Minimun SO required Windows XP x64 (with a fix)

1 Like

Just ran the test for Stability over night 10:30 pm - 6:07 am my time ran smooth cpu stayed consistant at around 30% usage memory usage stayed around 2.67 gb looks really good on the stability front.