The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread

there arent that many options with something “generic” like this… failing updating drivers for your card, motherboard, etc. you could always try running as an admin, and see if that helps…

certainly couldnt hurt! :smile:

we’re still working on extensions to allow for uploads, as it pertains to testing… but in the meantime, would you be able to upload to a free service like pastebin, perhaps?

I was afraid that there wouldn’t be anything else I could do. I’ve already tried running it as administrator too, no luck. Ah well, hopefully I can what I need to get it running later. This is the game I’ve been looking forward to the most all year. D;

while im not suggesting its necessary, having a graphics card, as opposed to leveraging the onboard graphics, is (usually) a much better scenario to operate from… i hope it works out for you! :smiley:

Hi Steve!

The dump zip is available via https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_gpiSYOCtoPaEhRTURGSlRXNGM/edit for downloading.
You don’t need to login.

excellent! thanks for the follow-up! :+1:

Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library6. But make sure you look up your issue to make sure this will work for you.

I have looked it up and i have the right equipment and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 is installing. Let’s see if this works!

have you tried “running as admin”? can you take a look at your logs at the time of the crash?

Yes i have tried running as admin and it still dose not work on the other hand the Crash Report says:

STI BrtSTI: [2013/12/07 23:59:47.477]: [00002028]: GetAddressByName: gethostbyname[BRN001BA94D552D] Error[11004]

This is what happens when I run the test if it doesn’t give me the !readPending_ http://i.imgur.com/E5fcIuh.png?1

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz
2GB RAM (1.87 GB usable)

I will soon be getting 4gb of ram and will try again.

Well, it’s that time again when I have to post a picture.

I just had to.

1 Like

Try running it as administration. This video well show you how.

I have seen your video before while trying to fix the problem, and everything that you specify in that video is already set, yet it still only works one out of ten times, and on that one time the screen is messed up like before. :confused:

No app crashes or errors, but just in case this hasn’t been reported – I noticed a weird shimmering / distortion line around a couple trees that were touching each other. Some sort of collision error perhaps?

I have linked some images. Hope it helps some. I’m running on:
stonehearth graphic test v2 via steam
win7 pro 64bit
cpu: i7 920 @ 2.67ghz
ram: 6gb
gpu: evga gtx 560ti - nvidia driver 331.65

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

… let me know if I can provide any additional info.
-S

That sucks, I’m not sure what wrong. But someone here might know. They have not set the minimum system requirements for the game yet. Let’s hope your computer can run this game.

thanks for the report @stevedev, and the extra details and images… :+1:

worked fine for me on steam no issues at all. but I’m sure some info sent will post wrong & say it’s something it’s not.since my processor & my Mobo & Video card.are not released to the market yet.

1 Like

I moved a post to an existing topic: [Confirmed] SGT Bug: GL_NO_ERROR assertion and crash

This is the tread on the discourse where the most users posted. Huh.

Um, well, there are a lot of other threads that had more people posting on it.

As far as I can tell, this has the most. (not the most posts mind you)

The most posts is probably either EpicDwarf’s You’re Banned or my Map Game.

I don’t know if it has been reported (probably, but you know … 340 posts xD). The thing that is annoying me most is how there are like tons of yellow/white dots on the FLOOR depending on my angle. They change places whenever I move the camera.

Yeah I know it is caused by T-junctions and stuff, but that brings me two questions/suggestions:

1. The floor being perfectly alligned, why we still get these empty dots?
  2. Wouldn’t it get us a better optimization if you actually merged surfaces that are on the same plane and connected, thus avoiding all together this issue? For instance, a 5x5 cell surface, which generates 25 squares (50 triangles) could be optimized to a 1x1 big surface covering the same area (2 triangles), which renders faster and will give you less likelly void dots, no?

Also another random way to “fix” it is to tint the underground green/black. People won’t really care for random dark dots because they look like a speck of dirt in the ground instead of a graphic glitch =p