The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread

wireshark scares me… we routinely use that at work, to check packet details, and wow… you practically need a degree to use it effectively…

but thanks for this confirmation that results are still being sent! :+1:

Heh, yeah, Wireshark is a powerful tool. I remember my jaw hitting the floor when I was able to sniff my own VOIP call, save the results and, using Wireshark, recombine the audio stream into a playable format. Scary indeed.

And you’re more than welcome. Again, anything I can do to help.

1 Like

So, how do you fix the “Stonehearth.exe - Entry Point Not Found” error? Also, what is causing it to happen? I haven’t even got to try it out.

i dont believe a fix has been discovered (by the fans), but perhaps this is one of the items to be addressed in the next graphics test build…

This is just a guess (since i also have the same issue), but the current workaround would be to run it on a windows 7 instead of windows XP (since all of us that have reported this error are running windows XP). I am not a programmer so I don’t know how much work it would take to “code around” the issue.

wow, good catch! thats certainly a valid data point… :+1:

I’m guessing it’s because Windows XP is much too old and outdated, as it is about 12 years old.

When I start up the graphics test, no window shows up. Stonehearth.exe shows up in task manager for a couple seconds then disappears. I’ve tried running it in admin and compatibility mode. I have also tried repairing and uninstalling/installing. My drivers are up to date. No white screen or black screen window, no error pop ups, no event viewer errors.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti

it seems you’ve covered most of the common questions… other than attempting from another machine, my only feeble advice would be to wait and see how the next (updated) graphics test works on this particular system…

I’ve checked everything i have seen and found nothing that was relevant to the problem and only 1 or 2 others with the same problem. :confused:

yeah, i think there are three people who have the same sort of “generic” issue… let’s hope the next test is more fruitful for you… :pray:

1 Like

With the v2 graphic test on the same system I get the same “error == GL_NO_ERROR” popup, but now the app exits cleanly instead of crashing. (Still doesn’t draw anything.)

Graphics Test V2 is definitely a lot smoother, like the world generation thingy :blush:

I can’t minimize it! It worked great until I tried minimizing. Got a dialog saying “error == GL_NO_ERROR.” False reporting? And then this dialog box.

Then it shut down and windows tried to ‘find a solution’ but couldn’t.

Windows 7. Intel i5. 8GB ram. HP Pavilion dm4. Intel HD 3000 graphics chipset.

On “old” errors:

• No Z-Fighting on single models.
  • Resizing does not crash the program.

Only the “!readPending_”-error continues to appear every now and then as still I can see yellow dots in trees and related shadows.

New errors:

• Shadows are “flickering” (looking like moving waves).
  • Sometimes shadows behave strange at the hands (seed 666):

… triangles:

… “jumping”:

• Z-Fighting still exists between models:

P.S. My FPS are now down to constant 60 (from 400 in Graphics Test 1).

I had the test running a couple of times then when I tried to start it up again I got the !readpending_ error again :disappointed:

Also I saw the same shadow triangles that @voxel_pirate did.

Perhaps a new thread for this new versions issues? So the team can tell what is about the new one and can collate newer issues more easily?

A few overlapping trees cause z-fighting, and some trees grew on rocks, although that’s not really a graphic issue and may be intentional. Other than this, it runs, generates, and looks fantastic!

Actually the bug-reporting category was introduced last time. Let’s get used to it and report bugs there. If a bug is not yet visible, create an entry. If it is there, just like the post.

1 Like

I have had a bug where at any given time, the game will just exit itself out.

1 Like