The Slice Tool in 1-digit Increments!

I’m sure that someone has mentioned it by now, but I just noticed it today. Thank you so much to whichever Dev allowed me to adjust the Slice tool to a specific layer rather than the old, forced 5 block increment. I might ACTUALLY be able to properly tunnel and dig underground! It’ll still take work and effort, but what good ever came from an easy life?

3 Likes

Now that mining tools are improved, and the slice view has finally been fixed - we could plan out mining zones that go upward! (But I still don’t think Hearthlings will be able to mine those unless you’re clever about doing it and mine out the top parts first…) - I wish the mining AI could be fixed.

I realize a rewrite is out of the question at this point - unless there’s some really dedicated, single-minded modder out there - but I’ll keep hoping for some tweaks.

Of course, mining still doesn’t always play nicely with building, which is also a problem for giant underground cities… but that’s another issue entirely. We’re the closest we’ve ever been, and the slice tool changes should be pretty useful even for more casual mining.

1 Like

Hearthlings can reach up now AFAIK, I’ve had them mine blocks which were immediately above their heads.

I believe the mole golem has extended range, so hopefully that extends upwards too.

1 Like