Taskbar Disappearing And Hearthlings Not Working On Buildings

In the game, my taskbar keeps disappearing and I have to load a previous save of that game. It can be really annoying especially after I just built something. Another bug I am having is that my hearthlings will stop working on buildings mid-way even though I have everything I need for that building.
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hey @BlockCrafter89, couple of questions…

What build are you running (release, or develop, and which version)?

When you say the taskbar, I am assuming you are talking about the bar at the bottom of the game (with the different menus) and not the Windows taskbar, right?

Have you tried pressing F5 on your keyboard to “reset” the UI and see if it comes back?

Not this exact issue, but I have had UI related errors (buttons not clickable) in the past, and that F5 fixed it.

Already tried F5 and I am using alpha 11.

When the UI disappears, are you able to hit ‘Esc’ to save your world, or does that not work as well?

Does it happen when you click ‘x’ on the Daily Update’ ?

If not, how many hearthlings and network do you have?

Just happens randomly and when I first join a game and I keep making new games to see if it will stop, but it still happens.

Do you by chance have any mods installed? I just reverted back to Alpha 11, started 7 new games and did not see the taskbar disappear. How long into the game are you usually?

ITs happen to me too. Its random and does not happen everytime sometimes it only happens after a hour or two but other times its a few min. same build and it happens on the newest dev build.

Hey there @ZergRushJoe, you mentioned it happens on the latest dev build as well, and sometimes very frequently. Do you by chance have a save you can upload where it is happening frequently?

yes i do. how would you like me to get it to you.

If you don’t mind uploading it, I am sure someone at TR will take a look at it and work to fix the issue. Having a save like this makes it way easier to fix as they can spend their time just on the fix, and not on getting it to reproduce itself.

yeah it will not let me upload

@ZergRushJoe, as a new user you will be unable to upload until you meet certain requirements. Regardless, a save folder is usually to big to be uploaded directly even when you have the correct permissions. I usually recommend that people upload the folder to a cloud storage service (like Dropbox or Google Drive) and then share a link here in the discourse.

I don’t have any mods installed.

Hey there again @BlockCrafter89, are you still encountering this issue? What version of the game are you running?

I am using version 12 now and it still happens.

drags report out of other reports

Alright, so let us resume troubleshooting here. You mentioned in your initial post that reloading a save game will (temporarily) fix the issue. Is that still the case? If so, how long after reloading a save does it usually take for the taskbar to disappear? Can you upload a save where the issue is occoring so the developers can take a look? Also going to page @yshan and @albert to see if they have anything else to add/suggest…

The taskbar usually disappears if I don’t use the taskbar for a while(the time varies) and the hearthlings just stop half-way through making the building every time I try.
About me uploading a save, I don’t know how.

To upload a save, please copy the save folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming you are using steam) to a cloud storage site (like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc.) and post the sharing link here. (Save game is too large to upload directly)

I don’t have any of those right now, but i’ll download and do it later(sorry about having to do it later).