Suggestions for Stonehearth.net?

You probably missed this topic… I’ll quickly re-iterate the two problems noticed:

• Dev Log pages with code have pale yellow text on a pale grey background. It’s virtually unreadable. See example.

• Grey text for the pages function in the dev log is nearly unreadable on the new dark green background.

5 Likes

I would like to see information on the classes, stats, and the mobs :smiley:

9 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the site looks awful when browsing from a windows phone - to the point where it is almost unusable.

Sorry for the criticism but it needs to be fixed.

I cannot access the explore, media or community tabs for example, from the top bar, just from the main button. Logo not displaying properly etc.

I’m expecting that this is an issue unique to my mobile OS, but hey, we’re a growing market! Honest…

2 Likes

It needs more

Oh and the roadmap page can be evened out a bit at the bottom. Perhaps even a third column? It used to be one of the few pages I’d visit aside from the blog posts, but the Trello board might be of more use nowadays… Perhaps as a final suggestion, having a link to the Trello board under the ‘Dev Blog’ tab?

@Tuhalu: now updated!

2 Likes

That’s one done! Also need the “pre” tag text fixed for when they put up code examples for modding. Like in [this old dev log][1].

[1]: http://stonehearth.net/desktop-tuesday-a-peek-inside-the-modding-api/

1 Like

Here’s another suggestion:

When opening larger pictures from the dev blog, they pop up in their native resolution, not made to fit my screen. They can’t be closed or shrunk, as the picture reaches all edges of the window. Clicking only goes to the next pic. You need to scroll up/down and click off of the picture to minimize, or press Esc. This is just a very minor annoyance, but is there any way to have them resize to fit the window, with an option to make them full size, perhaps by clicking in the middle?

Thanks

EDIT: Just to add to this, MMB clicking to enable the panning thingamajig counts as a click and sends you to the next pic

1 Like

We need a wiki link!

2 Likes

Post Building and During Building Editing. I really want to fix some stuff and cant.

Wrong thread, I think! This is discussing the game’s website
You might want to search for other threads discussing editing and post over there, or start a new suggestion thread with more detail if you don’t find any. :smiley:

1 Like

I created a post saying what I would like to have in the game.

plz, have a look there.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Some suggestions for Stonehearth

1 Like

I want to do a clean reinstallation of the game. Search does not show ‘clean reinstall’ options. I don’t know where else to look. is there a ‘guide’ on how to look in this vast complicated unindexed mess of data for a clue on how to find answers to simple logistical questions?

For a clean reinstall, just find the folder you installed the game into and delete it. No part of the game installs anywhere else as yet.

Mod Post:

Please note that this thread is for discussion/suggestions about the Stonehearth Website at http://stonehearth.net. For suggestions about multiplayer, check out some of the many multiplayer topics in the #suggestions category.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Suggested features

Um, possibly a guide to become a pro? Like, hard = easy kind of pro, or maybe hard is way too little kind of pro, where you exactly specify what start is the most effective or at least say like, THIS start requires the most restarts at the start, but is most effective and THIS start is the exact opposite, this would also tell you more about the overall balance of the gameplay!

[quote=“Artain, post:23, topic:14106, full:true”]
Um, possibly a guide to become a pro? Like, hard = easy kind of pro, or maybe hard is way too little kind of pro, where you exactly specify what start is the most effective or at least say like, THIS start requires the most restarts at the start, but is most effective and THIS start is the exact opposite, this would also tell you more about the overall balance of the gameplay!
[/quote] That would be more appropriate for a guide on the forums than a section on the website

The website has both a getting started guide and player tips. However, they’re both out of date. I’ll reach out to Brad and see if there are any plans to update them - or if they’re “good enough” for now, and won’t be updated until we leave Alpha.

1 Like