Suggestion: Blueprints

hello,

i want to throw some ideas that i got today.

The dungeon-modules have chest on the end what i have seen yet (on screenshots) so why dont add some kind of blueprint-system to the game so if you obtain this blueprints you can build better armor or weapons? That would make exploration a lot more interesting. To craft them you black smith need still the right level to do so. This blueprints could be for example “golden chest-armor”.

What do you think?

McRib

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: Houses and Blueprints

Actually to my understanding the devs have mentioned that they have the intention of implementing this kind of loot-reward-system. We will have to see what the rewards will be exactly, but good thought and we probably will see it in the game :wink:.

hello,

i want to throw some ideas that i got today.

The dungeon-modules have chest on the end what i have seen yet (on screenshots) so why dont add some kind of blueprint-system to the game so if you obtain this blueprints you can build better armor or weapons? That would make exploration a lot more interesting. To craft them you black smith need still the right level to do so. This blueprints could be for example “golden chest-armor”.

What do you think?

McRib

Just saying: I’m not sure if @SteveAdamo should have moved @McRib26’s post to this thread, as it seems like two different types of blueprints they’re talking about…

already write him about that so he will put it back i hope. (Second time in 24 hours that my ideas get mix)

But still i want to discuss that what do you think about it? I mean we know already that a loot system will be in place but what do you think about it if you can get instand of loot a blueprint for new weapon or something?

I’m unsure. Half of me is like “Yeah, that’s awesome!” It would sort of necessitate exploration and combat in order to get certain crafting recipes. On the other hand, I’m not sure I like that limitation, since some play styles might favor just being stationary and building up, as it were. So while it’d be cool to get those “blueprints”, as you call them, from dungeons, I don’t think it should be the only way to acquire them.

1 Like

so the thread i merged was more along the lines of blueprints for items, as opposed to houses… yes?

Interesting…the modules are an cool concept but I’m waiting to see how they will be implemented. But I kind of like the blueprint idea.

that’s what I gathered–one was about blueprints as models for construction, the other was about blueprints as crafting recipes.

agreed… hence the Great Demerging of 2014…

gasp The Great Demerging?? such profundity, such finality. surely, whoever was responsible for such an act must be one of the greatest moderators of our time!

quoted, because it’s so true, and awesome… and vanity

you meant that other guy, didn’t you

1 Like

who?? @Geoffers747? Shirley, you can’t be serious!

2 Likes

@martyrsvale, don’t play to the Moderators’ vanity. Someday, you’ll run outta compliments, and when that happens…

Smiles grimly

Then your life won’t be worth livin’…

2 Likes

So I went trudging through the archives as I knew I’d asked about this sort of thing before, couldn’t remember what I’d asked etc. but stumbled across this:

Kinda similar discussion, either way it’s always fun to take trips down memory lane!

1 Like

Who’s Shirley? Hello? @Shirly? Do you exist?

At the moment, I spend a while designing buildings as they all have to be done individually. When I have exited the building editor I usually find that everyone is idle as I have not been giving them tasks (focusing on designing the building instead).

I think it would be useful in the future, when cities get bigger, for there to be an option to create a template for a building. Here is my suggestion:

1. Next to the “start building” button, there would be a “create template” button. This would save a template of the building currently being designed.
  2. In the construction sub-menu there would be a “build from template” button, which lets you select a previously made template and build that.
  3. There would be a default “simple room” template like in the alphas < 4.