Stonehearth Scribes: Writers Guild

and its thoughts like that, that get you a permenant spot on the design team… :smile:

welcome aboard… you’re in for the long haul now!! :godmode:

Yea, I hit 8 on my first story, and it’s just kinda declined from there, haha (not so subtly bragging about I think holding the record) :wink:

1 Like

Now the big question is: What’s going to be the name of this book?

blankss’ Writings (a play on the Grimms’ Fairy Tales.)

2 Likes

Maybe “Creators’ Writings”?
After all, the stories are written by some mysterious creatures outside of Stonehearth universe…

1 Like

im not really all that mysterious… maybe a little aloof, or even enigmatic… but not quite mysterious… :stuck_out_tongue:

i like the idea of the singular book, and it having an impressive name… will chew on that for a while…

How about the Book of Individual Brainiacs’ Little Extracts?

2 Likes

Are you sure of that?
For people that are living in Stonehearth univers, I’m sure that is a mystery why would anyone will be called “Steve” and not a normal name like “Mer”.

2 Likes

install my Writers Guild mod, and you too shall unearth that mystery…

2 Likes

How about ‘The Tome of Forgotten Legends’

1 Like

I thought about tomes, but aren’t tomes more magic related? I say while looking up grimoires

I believe tome is just the term for very old and large books, which most ‘magical’ books are in lore of different games.

i think that name…just sounds like its repeating it self with Tome and Legend both in the name.
if we go that route then it should be more ‘The Tome of the Forgotten’, ‘The Tome of the Forgotten Souls’, ‘The Forgotten Legends’, or ,last one,‘The Legends of the Ancients’.

i’ll keep working on the names

How are those at all similar? One is a mythological or otherwise fictional story that is widely known and is from ages past. A tome is a descriptive term for a large and old book.

It fits really well if you ask me, with most of these stories being very old excerpts from history, especially Steve’s.

i dont know it just sounds weird to me(1)(2). and like @naturalnuke i think tome for the fantasy games as a magic book a not a old book with some tales in it(3). but i think we can come up with something not so bland if you will. make it sound like it just will pop at the reader/gamer and have a title not so…old and repeating other games and books.(4)

#1: i think tome as an old book and legend is well a old story or i guess tale.

#2: now that i truly think bout it

#3 FACT: i have found games with text that you had to read in order to get a spell or at least open it. ex. Skyrim

#4: if you look in alot of fantasy games and books i bet there will be a book close to these names that are up here so far

[tome][1] is just a synonym for book… it is often referenced in magical contexts though…

a book, esp. a large, heavy, scholarly one.

i think it fits well with the general idea of the mod (so far)… im getting lots of great feedback though, on various directions it could take! :+1:
[1]: Tome - definition of tome by The Free Dictionary

still we can do better than that!

Hey, there is a french word that means “someone who tells stories with great skill and wit.” The word is raconteur, and that might be a kind of cool title for someone from France cough cough who likes to right stories cough cough

…Too bad I’m from the U.S :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, so like some of the runners-up get their entries featured in low value, scrappy books and then the 1st place ones are rare, high-quality (and presumably high value) books. I like that.

Am I the only one who’s rooting for it to be called the B.I.B.L.E. here?! :scream_cat:

2 Likes