Stonehearth.net Community-Mod?

wow @Miturion … thats an awesome looking fishman… loving the spine, fins… and the tasteful way you’ve given him pants… sort of Bruce Banneresque… :smile:

@Xeno Sure, I can try to help. I am currently only making some themeless models for practice. My steamname is Drakonos. Yea Poseidon there was just some first trial work. Although I think fleshy feet does not combine well with webbing.
You can use lots of things for showing documents online, google drive for example.

@SteveAdamo heheh, you dont want to see him nude :blush:

For some reason I’m having vague recollections of the squidmen from “Zombies ate my neighbours”.

That game terrified me, the squid men terrified me, so, great job on terrifying me @Miturion!

I think the models really great though, the colouring on it works, and the shorts, whilst hiding his mdoesty, also make it feel more like a race rather than an animal.

So any ideas from any one? Since the “in thing” seems to be races heres a few ideas that could hopefully involve more of a balance with coding than just a re-skin.

• A race of flying bird people. Likely live on spires and mountain tops and have a much heavier focus on scouting to collect resources due to ability to fly and not having much stuff actually be on mountaintops. Unique architectural style to suit the whole mountain top theme would probably involve lots of spires and towers, also could have them live on clouds if you wanted to be really ambitious.
  • A nomadic race. Always travelling this would prevent long term projects like mines and most buildings but allow for a much wider diversity in materials and environments than others, buildings would most likely be mainly tents that can be packed up easily.
  • A race built around a secondary feature like magic or planes. You could have frail creatures that have to use magic for nearly everything as they’re too weak to do much themselves or a race of world travelling beings that require constant expansion to meet their large resource needs.

For other non race ideas here are a couple.

• A religion system. This would be a system to allow people to choose/customize/create a god/s for your villagers to worship with bonuses based on your choices and faith to them. It would include a couple of classes and buildings for each core faction/race to go with it. It should also be moddable to allow people to include it for their own mods or to mod it.
  • Planes. They’d just be varying planes with a couple of enemies, resources, special features, and terrain algs each. Plenty of different things and I think this was a thread of plane ideas a while back that could be worked through if needed.

Anything else I thought of tends towards being near total conversion level or requiring systems like the underground or water. Just throwing ideas out though as the new thread about making a repository of clothing reminded me of this.

If this is still a thing, I’d be interested!

If you have an idea say so. The only thing that’s needed is to get people interested, just come up with a theme and see what the reaction is. Something that only builds off what’s currently would probably succeed better but if it’s awesome enough that doesn’t matter.

All of the ideas in your previous post sound awesome. The first hard part will be picking one idea.

I’d just like to help out and I think having a community project would be very fun and rewarding!

Well start with what can you do? The best ideas are the ones that help everyone but that’s a bit hard at this point. I’ll be willing to help with whatever pretty much so if you come up with an idea just run with it.

I seem to be pretty good at voxels, and I can program, but not in Lua(yet)

I can’t remember if elves are officially going to be in the game, but some kind of wood elf who shapes living trees into structure would be cool, though difficult to program, I’m sure.

or perhaps 4 races, each tied to a traditional magical element(earth,air,fire,water) This would give plenty of people stuff to do. And we know there will probably be elemental planes, so that would tie in nicely to stonehearth lore.

So many ideas…

Then again, perhaps it’s to early to start something like this, since we don’t have the unobscured lua code to work with and there isn’t an api yet? but we could plan ahead and brainstorm/sketch ideas and whatnot

I’ll do some pondering and see if any of the ideas jump at me. I’d like to get more people’s opinions, perhaps a poll of some sort is in order?

[end babbling]