Stonehearth im a little buggy

error 1:

release-472 (x32)
stonehearth/components/roof/roof_component.luac:47: attempt to call method 'set_gradient_flags' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'set_gradient_flags'
    stonehearth/components/roof/roof_component.luac:47: in function '_compute_collision_shape'
    stonehearth/components/roof/roof_component.luac:13: in function 'layout'
    ...nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:74: in function 'add_structure'
    stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:386: in function 'bind_fabricator_to_blueprint'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:116: in function 'add_fabricator'
    ...uction_progress/construction_progress_component.luac:72: in function 'finish_restoring_template'
    ...nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:259: in function 'finish_restoring_template'
    stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:172: in function 'restore_template'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:314: in function 'build_template'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:313: in function 'cb'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:304: in function 'do_command'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:313: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:312>

error 2:

release-472 (x32)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

error 3:

release-472 (x32)
...hearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.luac:108: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    ...hearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.luac:108: in function 'clear'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:35: in function 'clear_undo_stack'
    stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:37: in function 'set_active'
    stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5>

error 4:

release-472 (x32)
rayyas_children/rayyas_children_client.luac:6: attempt to call field 'load_mod' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'load_mod'
    rayyas_children/rayyas_children_client.luac:6: in function 'check_override_ui'
    rayyas_children/rayyas_children_client.luac:10: in function <rayyas_children/rayyas_children_client.luac:10>

@moneybaglets: just a wee bit confused here…Rayya’s children should not be in Alpha 12! Did you make any changes to your user_setting.json file or manually copy the mod in order to get them into an older build? Hesitant to keep this as a bug report as they are not intended for Alpha 12…

Might have set the testing ui to true in the user settings?

That’s what I was thinking…hence the question about user_settings changes! :blush:

It looks the files are a mix between alpha 12 and 13. Try reinstalling?

2 Likes

no its alpha 13 not alpha 12

my workers wont build houses
im haveing the same isue as

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/invincible-house/17951

When playing alpha 13, my hearthlings would build the house but not the roof. I had no error, but my buildings that were good before 2710 were fully built.

ill wait a few more days

thats odd… the errors say “release - 472” which is alpha 12…

edit: it also says release 472 in the screenshots…

then how do i update because the normal method isnt working for me is thier like a independent client i can get?

Hey there @moneybaglets, there have been issues with Steam not properly clearing the files when updating Stonehearth. My suggestion would be to navigate to your Steam Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete the entire Stonehearth folder manually. Then return to Steam, right click Stonehearth, and left click Delete local content.... After that, simply install Stonehearth again from Steam.

Important Note: If you have any saved templates or save games you want to keep, be sure to copy them from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games respectively to a temporary location first, before you delete the folder, and then copy them back after the fresh install.

thats what i have done but it wont. it might download but it will come up with running…

…it isnt in the taskmanager… … not in the program manger… …deleting files from the main steam location… …and still dosent work. alpha twelve will work wonderfully but it wont start alpha 13 newest release

So if it is listed as running, but does not appear to be, my first suggestion would be to reboot your computer. That would make sure it is definitely not running. After that, if you attempt to launch it and it still says “running” but is not visible, please upload your Stonehearth.log file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth. If there is a crash.dmp file there too, please zip it and upload it as well.

will you accept .rar if i use winrar? sry for the extra text it needs at least 20 charectors to post something,

I can open a .rar, but the discourse software will not allow it to be uploaded. You can upload it elsewhere (like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper) and copy the sharing link here, but a direct upload will not work.

1 Like

crash.zip (115.8 KB)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwvauzi6x4U-d3ZORVBoZlhvSkU

Getting invalid zip for the first file, and you need to enable link sharing for the Google Drive link…

ok…

…stonehearth.zip (488 Bytes)

Still not working for me…@8BitCrab, can you open any of the files?

yes i can…

…

2015-Nov-23 18:03:35.453829 | server | 1 | app | Stonehearth Version 0.13.0.2710 (x32)
2015-Nov-23 18:03:35.456797 | server | 1 | core.config | user id is 0a7891f8-8fa9-11e5-bed7-8c89a530c1d1
2015-Nov-23 18:03:35.456797 | server | 1 | core.config | session id is 6cb794ec-9236-11e5-bd4b-8c89a530c1d1
2015-Nov-23 18:03:35.457797 | server | 0 | core.system | Initializing crash reporter <–it gets stuck and stops here