Attempt to call method 'layout' (a nil value) - in function 'layout' - in function 'layout_roof'

Expected result
That the roof will cover the whole building

Actual Result
yet again while using a manual walls
Used Close Permanently and F5 but that won’t work. issue is still there.
Can’t build anymore!!

Error 1
Roof error

release-489 (x64)
...nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:138: attempt to call method 'layout' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'layout'
	...nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:138: in function 'layout_roof'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:219: in function 'grow_roof'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:210: in function 'cb'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:304: in function 'do_command'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:210: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:209>

Error 2

release-489 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments
I have got the same issue while building a roof.

Notes

Game/mod information
release-489 (x64)

I was attempting to make a fancy(ish) dorm room for some Hearthlings and this involved a bit of slightly inventive roofing. An error was thrown and the walls did not reach to connect with the ceiling as normal. Error code below, screenshots of building attached. (If anyone knows how to do spoiler text, I’m all ears.) (Also, since new users can only put one image in a post, the other two shall be found immediately below.)

develop-2795 (x64)
...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:351: attempt to call method 'layout' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'layout'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:351: in function 'layout_roof'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1062: in function 'grow_roof'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1021: in function 'cb'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1420: in function 'do_command'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1020: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1018>

Hey there @DragonMagicCircle, welcome to the Discourse (err…looks like you’ve been lurking for a while, but this is your first post)!

I merged the images for you, and brought your post over here as the error was previously reported.

As for spoiler text, I am not sure what you are referring to. We have spoiler tags which produces this:

this is hidden text

that was created by typing:
[spoiler]this is hidden text[/spoiler]

If you are looking for spoilers as a way to hide code, don’t worry about it. We prefer to surround code with 3 backticks (as I edited your post above to do).

Essentially, typing

```
int a = 1;
int b = 2;
int c = a + b;
```

would produce

int a = 1;
int b = 2;
int c = a + b;

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like