Rooftops break when trying to place on some building blueprints

I’ve been able to reproduce this bug several times and once it occurs, I need to restart the client in order to try to place rooftops on any structure. Thought you might want to know about it. =)

Unique User ID: 0900f90a-34aa-11e5-8fd2-c8f7337c2058

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall'
	stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:280: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall'
	stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:308: in function 'calculate_roof_shape_around_walls'
	...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:48: in function '_compute_roof_region'
	...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:31: in function '_filter_fn'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:52: in function '_get_selected_entity'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:70: in function '_on_mouse_event'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:80: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.luac:26: in function '_dispatch'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:14: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1>

release-453 (x64)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:308: in function 'calculate_roof_shape_around_walls'
	...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:48: in function '_compute_roof_region'
	...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:31: in function '_filter_fn'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:52: in function '_get_selected_entity'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:70: in function '_on_mouse_event'
	...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:80: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.luac:26: in function '_dispatch'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:14: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1>

release-453 (x64)
stack traceback:

release-453 (x64)
stack traceback:

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

That’s some of the errors that pop up when trying to place the roof. Trying to make the building in the exact shape I showed in the screenshots causes the error to occur.

hey there @helixlemon welcome to the discourse :smile:

i’ve embedded the screenshots for you.

[quote=“helixlemon, post:1, topic:15876”]
Trying to make the building in the exact shape I showed in the screenshots causes the error to occur.
[/quote]my guess would be due to having walls inside the building, as separate rooms isn’t an actual feature yet.

Idk I just had this happen to me twice right now. I built a house, got the first roof on (which got a bit buggy), then when I put the second roof on and tried to change the shape and size, the templet disappeared and everything froze. =v.v=

1 Like

@helixlemon - Welcome to the forum! This bug has been fixed for the next patch (although interior walls are not supported yet).

3 Likes