Assertation failed: create_edge_loop_for_wal

I tried to build some kind of townhall but if i try to add a roof it fails and crashes

release-453 (x64)stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: assertion failed!stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'assert'
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall'
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:280: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall'
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:308: in function 'calculate_roof_shape_around_walls'
...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:48: in function '_compute_roof_region'
...h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:31: in function '_filter_fn'
...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:52: in function '_get_selected_entity'
...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:70: in function '_on_mouse_event'
...earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:80: in function '_mouse_cb'
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.luac:26: in function '_dispatch'
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:14: in function '_dispatch_input'
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1>

1 Like

Hi

I messed around a bit and found a clear way to reproduce this:

1. Build anything which have an “inner” wall. This screenshot is the easiest construction I’ve managed. It’s built by a few lone walls.
  2. The key point is that the walls are connect, forming several possible roofs.
  3. Select the roof tool and mouse over the walls and this error occurs.

This has no other impact than being unable to build a roof on this house, everything else, including remove building works as expected.