Stonehearth combat music stuck?

I’m having the same issue. Battle music is on a constant loop, no other background music plays. I’m running r489 (x64)

1 Like

Title: Combat music forever.

Summary: Combat music playing non-stop, even when no enemies are near.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Be fighting goblins.
  2. One goblin escapes the fight.
  3. Combat music continues to play, even after all other goblins are dead.

Expected Results: Combat music to stop once town-area was ‘safe’ from immediate threat.

Actual Results: Even with no goblin/skeleton threats nearby, combat music would play on an endless loop.

Notes: I’ve often had the experience of ‘stuttering’ between the combat and regular tracks (if an enemy is wandering back and forth over the danger zone (ha) threshold). This, however, was not - it was constant with no interruptions.

I also completed the main goblin campaign afterwards, thinking maybe the music would stop. Alas, I was wrong.

On reload it still plays, even if the area is safe.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Alpha 13, no mods.

System Information: MS Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7-2600, 16 GB, NVIVDIA GeForce GT 545

look around when this happens mostly there are some worker goblins who are hidding near and run away xD

I did a pretty extensive sweep of the area around me and couldn’t find him. He was definitely nowhere near my town (and nowhere close enough to trigger the music normally).

I also cleared about 3 or 4 more big goblin camps (the ones with wolves), all over my current ‘plateau’ and sent my soldiers to deal with them - still couldn’t find that goblin, even when the whole area was revealed.

1 Like

Send your save file to us, so we can check what’s wrong. I would guess there is indeed a goblin, but just not visible, maybe stuck inside a building or something. Also it will be useful for the devs in case it is a real bug.

2 Likes

Hey there @aheeheenuss, welcome to the Discourse! While in most cases this is a result of a single sneaky goblin, there have also been reports where this does seem to be a bug, as no enemies are present. Going to merge this with the existing thread, however, please do upload your save file as requested by @BrunoSupremo. If you need assistance doing so, please do not hesitate to ask :smiley:!

1 Like

Title:
Battle Music Keeps playing
Summary:
I accepted a new Hearthling into my village and it discovered a patch of land covered in goblins. I sent my foot soldiers to investigate and take care of the problem and I did. But, my battle music keeps playing even though there is no danger in sight and it continues to play I searched all over my village and I don’t see any enemies. I tried to restart by saving and loading it up again but it continues to play.
Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results:
Fix music and flow of the game.

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Stonehearth 0.13.0 (release 491) x64 build
System Information:

I can confirm this is also happening to me, reproducing it is difficult but if you play long enough it will happen eventually.

This has happened to me before, and it just goes away at some point! :confused:

Welcome, @Novalisk.

If you could upload the save here or somewhere else, it would be useful for the devs to debug this issue.

Sometimes it’s a hidden goblin somewhere, but other times people search everywhere and can’t find enemies, so we might be facing a real bug.

I think that maybe the enemies are spawning on unaccesible areas and we can’t see them, but that might be wrong.

Seeing that we keep having confirmations on this bug, tagging as Confirmed.

How do I send a save file?

Here it is

1 Like

Has anybody else run into a problem where the battle music never stops playing? I’ve searched the whole world for hostiles and I’ve found nothing. It drives you insane very quickly.

Hey there @AceFighterElite, welcome to the Discourse! Sorry to hear about your issue, we have been seeing more reports of this lately, so I am going to ping @sdee!

3 Likes

Sadly, this appears to have come back for me on A14 D2820.

Link: Save Game

1 Like

Also got this bug. Reloading helps, but it’s kinda annoying to reload after every battle :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Seeing this in A14 R514 a lot. Interestingly, if my camera is not on the combat when it finishes, there seems to be a better chance that the music will stop, though it’s far from reliable. I still have to reload after combat regularly.

Re-pinging @sdee just for visibility.

One thing to make sure is there are no footprints anywhere. What I mean is did the footprint of the small camp that can spawn disappear when it was destroyed. I figured out what happened to my save in the testing save that I can’t use anymore. And it more likely had something to do with footprints that didn’t disappear after the defeat of the camp, which means all you see is the footprint. I am not talking about the terrain ruining one; I am talking about the one that just changes the color of the ground.

Of course I had a few other problems with that save, and that was one that I can’t go back to due to the lingering footprint of the goblin camps I conquered. However that save was from the 2797 version. So possibly an update mess it up in the process which does happen. I have prior saves, but didn’t feel like going back to it since I started my newest one in 504.

So again make sure there is not a lingering footprint. If there is maybe that bug is still around, and could be addressed or somehow find out the cause. I haven’t had that happen again in any other save since then; so is the reason I am pointing it out just in case. It basically caused my footman to continually head towards one of the footprints, attack any new spawn, if not head back and repeat the process.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Combat Music Stuck (stray wolf)