Steam Awards December 2017

Hey guys, what to vote Stonehearth for? Steam awards coming december. Different categories…

I’d like to push the game forward to support the devs.

3 Likes

i had already vote with (i dont know if this is the correct englisch version) - Find me in my dreams - because im here since the kickstarter xD

I wanted to put it into the “The World Is Grim Enough Let’s Just All Get Along” Award. As @sdee had mentioned they want Stonehearth to be a sort of respite from the real world, and it is very much that for me. The game does in fact include violence though, even if it is still cute, so doesn’t really fit I guess. Honestly it could fit into a few categories for me like “Mom’s Spaghetti”, “Haunts My Dreams”, or even “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War”.

Then I thought “I’m just gonna go all in” and put the game in the “No Apologies” category. I don’t care how many negative comments I see from cheesy gender specific side dishes past their prime, initiated “arguments” from folks that have given themselves titles, or ignorant Steam reviewers that think they’re professionals and therefore in a place to judge the talent of the team…I friggin’ love this game. :jubilant:

The devs are genuine and I enjoy watching their progress. It’s a journey for them as much as it is for us, and I’m here for it. The community is pretty amazing, lots of friendly helpful folks. The modders are doing an incredible job of giving us more inspiration for our towns and quality of life changes that keep us busy while the devs work on tweakin’ systems. This game has already given me more than my money’s worth, so it’s all icing on the cake now. I’m like a kid on Christmas morning when a new patch drops (be it stable or not), when one of my favorite mods are updated (or I find a new one), every week we get a new DT, and every time I embark and start planning a new town. I know there are folks with a heck of a lot more playtime, who found the game long before I did, but I’m 100% sure I’ll catch up (only about 900 hours so far for me). So yeah…it’s definitely a “No Apologies” lol.

2 Likes

I voted for it in “Can’t describe it” category.
Cuz I can’t describe it.

1 Like

I agree, any award given to Stonehearth should reflect its community-based, discovery-based, constructive nature. Otherwise, people might get the wrong impresson! :sunny:

1 Like

Nor could the team, but they’ve been working on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems as fitting a category as any to me.

1 Like

I am going between two different categories in which Stonehearth can be in and the reasoning behind it. (I have not decided)

• Haunts my Dreams Each embarkment creates a different game. I want to see how each hearthling interacts with the world around them and with each other. Each one with their own personalities. I just thought of what type of building I want to build for my hearthling. What if I put a wall on the other side of the pond instead of right beside it? It is a very satisfying game. I can play it and get away from life. I always want to stay a few minutes longer just to see what is going to happen next. (will it be raiders or traders coming into my village/town) What is the hearthlings talking about now? It gets bad when I am looking at the screen and realize it is 2 in the morning and I am thinking about a road that can be put between buildings or a road that will lead up to a building that is on the hill.

• Labor of love Even though we are still in the alpha stage, we know the devs are working really hard to make this game the best it can be. They are keeping in touch with us. We see how the game is progressing each alpha that comes out. I remember seeing in dev stream 100 where there was no roofs on buildings, now most buildings do get built. We now have a set of stairs where we can make more than one story houses without placing ladders in the house so that it can be built. We now have 4 types of soldiers that can create a good armed force. This just scratches the surface.

4 Likes

Well I have voted for it with “Labor of love”, because it is true :slight_smile:

4 Likes