Something to allow 1 worker to haul many things at once - a wheelbarrow?

I believe that the introduction of inventories happened somewhere in the last 10 months. Hearthlings can now carry multiple items at once, like the trapper could since the beginning.

Therefore, the “need” for something like this has somewhat vanished, assuming the AI is capable of doing some sort of clever salesman (which I’m not sure if it’s currently implemented).

The problem with portable storage is, and always will be, that it’s wacky. You would need to explicitly say that other storage cannot fill the cart (otherwise they’d empty the stockpiles into the cart) for starters. I don’t know if it changed - I’m really not uptodate - but the main issue could be that inventory effectively worked reversely from what you thought it does. It’s not the hearthling or even the item searching an inventory to be placed in; it’s the inventory “calling out” to the item.

But if you have a mining spot with loads of martials on the ground you can place down a crate there, let it fill up and haul the crate back to town. I keep doing this to get the pelts from the trapper too my weaver. Using 4 crates and et them rotate locations and filter settings.

You’re doing this with crates now? I didn’t realize you could pick up a full crate… I’ll have to try that. Would be nice if the Hearthlings were smart enough to do it on their own though.

This is a brilliant idea and I’m trying it out. Agreed with @botchiball, it could be nice to have it automatically, though.