"Slept in a shared room" shouldn't be a thing

Getting disturbed by roommates isn’t a constant thing, though. It may happen on occasion, but quite rarely, unless the other person is careless enough to make a ton of noise every time they move. People who do go in and out of a room where they know somebody sleeps tend to keep it quiet.

Well, perhaps certain traits could have a negative effect on the other Hearthling they sleep with like a new trait called “snores heavily” or something.

As for this, I laid down my thoughts in this post in the neutral thoughts thread. But!

I also want to mention that this is one of the things where a proper tutorial might be of help. Or perhaps an in-game encyclopedia that explains the workings of the game and thus also listing all negative and positive effects and explains what causes them.

And also… is it absolutely necessary to hold the player’s hand whereever they go?

Can’t they be just left to discover little secrets on their own? Discovering little things can be fun.

And what if the player wants to focus on complex defense systems (eg. in hard mode) and simply can’t afford to store every single guy in their own room, or they have to keep it cramped, which then brings up another negative effect. Should they be punished for that?

Edit: and I doubt that people within a fortress under siege would complain about having to sleep with someone else.