Slave to Armok: God of Blood: Dwarf Fortress

No idea, sorry.

Just get this, as it is like regular dwarf fortress, only with more stuff. And it let’s you do more stuff and things. It’s masterwork dwarf fortress mod and it’s verry good when you get bored of regular dwarf fortress. And it adds a whole lot more, of for those of you eho want to learn more about it, or just watch someone play it, i can do 2 things, i can record a vidio of my fortress and show it or you can go here, to a youtuber’s channel named silverdragonlord, and he makes alot of dwarf fortress and DnD Vids, along with some other games.

Although, he loves to upload 1 to 2 hour videos. They are perfect for playing dwarf fortress and watching, unless it’s kinda boring part of the video or game…

Let me know if you guys want me to make a video/post screenshots to show you what I’ve made.

1 Like

I think I might cry, It doesnt work on mac and right now my internet isnt working for my alienware, DAMN IT!!! FIRST ROME TOTAL WAR 2 AND NOW DWARF FORTRESS!!! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!!!

I’m not sure if this is of any help for mac users:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128960

I feel your pain. Gaming on the Mac has a lot of ground to make up.

The solution? Stop buying Macs.

2 Likes

Amen to that, sister.

1 Like

If a computer is so bad that it can’t play a game then why get it? I’ve never understood why we don’t all just get one computer system thing that we all use.

Hehehe, what a lovely world it would be should you rule. Unfortunately, getting Microsoft, Apple, Linux and the other kinda major software out there that I knew the name of at one point to join forces is, I’d say, an impossible task.

All my dwarves tell me so.

2 Likes

All hail Armok, the Smith of Worlds, the Forger of Life!

2 Likes

Sigh, he won’t give me that title no matter how many time i ask, He knows i want it, and he’d get it back after i died, but he just loves to watch me suffer.

1 Like

Armok, God of Blood, Forger of Life, Smith of Worlds, King of Gods, Creator of the Forgotten, Darkness Eternal, Emperor of Universes, Eternal Lord of Death…

The list goes on.

I’m still surprised that vampire killed two forgotten beasts. She appears to be freaking immortal. I just sicked her on a camp of Batmen (I’M BATMAN). There were about ten of them, mostly blowgunners. She tore them limb from limb (quite literally) and caved in a few skulls. I have to write something for this Champion.

Dwarves can get OP, verry fast. Authough you might just be getting verry lucky with your enemies, try angering the elves and killing them with the vampire, if you’re succsessful, THEN YOU HAVE GONE TO THE LEVEL THAT ALL DWARVES STRIVE FOR!

Why is it that so many people who don’t use Macs feel this is the only solution? It really is just another form of bigotry.

I use both PC and Mac and I have my reasons for both; I don’t see any problem with wanting to use both to have some fun or being disappointed when some interesting bit of fun is barred to you because you use the wrong platform. Show some compassion to people who are different from you.

P.S. The stories you are all sharing here are loads of fun to read. I may never play Dwarf Fortress ('cause I have no free time) but I can see why you all enjoy it.

1 Like

Real ranged weapons would most likely ruin her super fast. Since vampires are immune to poison, the blowgunners were actually pretty useless.

I think it was a joke dude :smile:

I myself, just can’t bear Apple being able to charge £100s more and people pay it, because they think “Oooh Apple, they’re the best!”

I have the same problem with iPhones too. So many people go “Need a new phone, I’ll get an iPhone,” completely ignorant to the fact that it’s cheaper to get a better phone.

Urgh, I apologise for diverting off-topic but this is one of my biggest annoyances, I can honestly rant about this for half an hour straight :expressionless:

I totally agree with your aversion to the “Macs are the best!” fanatics. Apple has its perks and the extra cash you pay you can usually get back in excellent customer service, but for most requirements, you can pay a whole lot less and get a whole lot more by buying something else. For me, my Mac fulfilled very specific needs that could not be obtained from any other computer manufacturer at the time. And I’ve discovered that Macs have their own set of annoying quirks just like Windows computers. (I’ve never used Linux much.)

That doesn’t invalidate that a similar elitism exists among some who believe that people using Macs to play games shouldn’t. It is one of MY biggest annoyances, which is why I bothered writing. But please continue with your lovely discussion of Dwarf Fortress. I was having fun reading up to that point.

1 Like

What extra price? My brand new macbook pro cost my about $700, less than most other computers and it’ll last me longer than most. That’s because of their ridiculous value retention, I sold my 4 year old macbook pro before getting this one for about $600 and I expect to sell this one for a similar amount because that’s just two mac retain value and it’s also never accounted for in cost considerations. Mac will will last longer and resell for more than just about any other computer in existence.

On-topic I’ll have to check out some of the stuff posted to try and learn because some of it looks pretty good.

I’m gonna have to play this again now aren’t I?! sighs WHERE WILL I FIND THE TIME @RoseyNineOneOne?

It’s a good job @SteveAdamo is an expert at picking up my slack.

Edit: So digging around the place again it seems that this is a good expanded version of the Lazy Newb Pack - for Windows.

Mac users should check this out it’s a similar sort of thing.

As for tutorials, I used Captnduck, a lot of people recommend them so check these out for help and tutorials :smile:

Alternatively check this the wiki will be a beautiful resource.

Triple Edit: Dwarf Fortress will destroy you, over, and over, and over, and over.

This handy little graph is a very good representation of the learning curve

Remember: Losing is fun!

4 Likes

Thank you for showing me this. Honestly i thought i’d never find my self playing this. But after a few tutorial videos i’m finding this game a blast to play!