Slave to Armok: God of Blood: Dwarf Fortress

I might now, because my most successful fortress has just fallen…

Note to self for next time: When you get down far enough and see a juicy candy vein that goes down a few z levels… do not mine into it.

I mined into the carnival before I even knew I was low enough to reach it. Hundreds of clowns flooded into my stairwell within seconds and my entire fortress was destroyed. My entire military were ensnared in Spidermen (Hilariously randomly generated) clowns, and ripped apart by massive carnies. Clowns lit my entire Panic Room on fire before all of my dwarves even made it, burning most of them to death. Almost everyone else threw tantrums and were ripped apart by clowns or eachother. The only survivors ended up being an injured potter sleeping in my hospital, which the clowns ignored for some reason, and a kobold thief who I spotted as I tried to evacuate.

Many of those who burned to death died due to being webbed by those spiderman clowns, who didn’t just shoot one web at a time, no no no, they filled entire CORRIDORS with webs instantaneously, and shot at least 20 tiles per tick. No one could escape… If only Rakna, the legendary vampire fisticuff warrior was still alive!

She’d die to, probably.

Edit:

I’m so sad.

Edit:

Just waiting for the last few dwarves to die, waiting to see who the last Dwarf alive is. I want to honor his memory.

"A Vile Force of Darkness Has Arrived!"

A GOBLIN SIEGE. NOW? REALLY?

5 Likes

you might want to edit your post since most of it is considered spoilers ^^
and what you were mining is usually called Candy.
and what killed you is the Circus that’s inhabited by !!Clowns!!

1 Like

I was wondering what Candy and Clowns were referring too… I’ll replace everything with that, then, if that’s supposed to be the censored version.

1 Like

10 Likes

"Fun"ny how I know exactly what your talking about, but have never seen (nor tasted).

Now remember kids always make a self destruct lever in you fort (preferably one that involves flooding it with magma)

Oh, the memories come flooding back, Right now i’m playing MW dwarf fortress, and having a blast with getting my danger room setup, all the stupid female dwarves bring their children in.

WHO BRINGS THEIR CHILD TO WAR?

I had that problem, but one of the babies punched a blind cave ogre in the face.

I promoted him to Captain of the Guard when he came of age.

1 Like

The latest version renders danger rooms a bit useless with the library system.
Besides its annoying as hell making sure that mothers dont enter with their babies into the spike traps, not to mention pets…

try using the new magic system

You and me friend, we have to talk. Talk about how to have the most !FUN! I’m gona try that, but i’ve been having trouble properly USING the libraries. I had no idea how it worked…

Working on a trap. Weapon Traps and Cage Traps will line the spiral, and take out as many invaders as possible, and in the middle is going to be a puppy or a kitten or a War Dog on a chain that they will aggro to, which will make them run in.

1 Like

Pretty sure I have a vampire here. She’s been in contact and has been a member of -every civilization in existence-.

2 Likes

Good god.

Edit:
Huh. It just ran up, destroyed my doors, and ran off. He didn’t see the vampire just around the corner, I guess.

Edit:
There is no words. None. I sent my vampire at the forgotten beast expecting her to go down in moments. She suffered no injuries after fighting it for about ten seconds, and the first attack she managed to get in instantly killed it.

This vampire… this vampire is the glory of the kingdom. She shall be remembered forever, and I shall carve statues in her honor.

Edit:
ANOTHER FORGOTTEN BEAST. REALLY? I can’t kill this one so easily, because it breaths poisonous gas.

Edit: I forgot that vampires don’t breath. She killed it within seconds. TWO FORGOTTEN BEASTS.

FEAR MY VAMPIRE WARRIORS, THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE.

7 Likes

You see, I am not a smart enough person to wrap my head around all of dwarf fortresses intricacies and its UI and all that, but I LOVE these stories.

The Forgotten Beast attacks your fortress, and a Vampire who has existed since the founding of the Earth joins you and fells it in one blow. Epic stuff.

1 Like

My vampires always become record keepers, living sepretly forever.

So then to the people who play, What would you suggest to get started? No experience with DF and it looks cool but I’ve got no idea where to start.

For me, I always download the Lazy Newb Pack it helps a lot especially with the graphical side of things. Other than that, it really is just a case of trial and error and seeking out tips and guides.

I agree, lazy newb pack, I also suggest djrow’s tutorials, or not, as his channel died a while ago when his wife passed.
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=up56e227#/channel/UCmyHi9KPUMeZp10S3fxtbjQ

I love these tales you post in here. I don’t play, but I do look at this thread when a new post is in simply to read through the amusing tales of your fortress :smile:

Oh and if you made that comic, that is amazing. :smile:

1 Like

does the lazy newb pack work on mac? and how do I pick up the normal version