Settler names over heads

Love the idea of name and class above settler heads. I would add that this feature might be best implemented with a hold-to-view key. For example, holding the left Alt key will show all names and classes above heads until you release.

The settler currently selected will show this data until something else is selected.

Food for thought!
Jack

2 Likes

thanks for the pseudo-necro post! I had forgotten about the suggestionā€¦ and having reread the feedback, would love to see something like this implemented! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Haha @SteveAdamo I have been gone a long while and I am diving deep. Hopefully I wonā€™t resurrect too many threads for you to have to mod through. :smile:

2 Likes

Also in favour of seeing this implemented.

4 Likes

Has Team Radiant confirmed this idea? I feel like it would add a lot to the game and is relatively simple.

2 Likes

other than @Tomā€™s response here, I donā€™t recall it being mentioned elsewhereā€¦

but I have to say, seeing this mockup once more reminds me how something so subtle can have such a huge impact on the gameā€¦ again, all for this being implemented! :smile: :+1:

5 Likes

I thought the same thing, but you have to think about applying 2D text over a model. The interface and UI system is something different than the game, itā€™s almost like an overlay. To attach that to a person is very difficult. Iā€™m sure it can be done, just one of the coding wizards will be frustrated on working it into the game.

Also, how cool would it be to have the name of your city over your banner. Just so you know where your main city is., Iā€™m sure the banner will become something else in the future but for now it stands as the epicenter of most settlements.

7 Likes

I can definitely get behind the banner thing, at the minimum.

As for nameplates, sure, just make it a key press to show them all. Like hold alt, shows names, health, proffession, and level. Anymore than that is probably pushing it.

3 Likes

the option with the names looks fine ^^ like press q and when you go over something with the mouse it shows also the name of the entites ^^

for the name of the city ā€¦ hmmm i dont think this so important BUT a key that send you directly to your cityflag would be good - later in the game when you have a bigger city and for example an merchant shows up you can quickly jump to the ā€œmiddleā€ of your town.

3 Likes

If itā€™s optional, I highly agree that this could be a really useful and cool feature. Same with town`s name.

4 Likes

This needs a bump! @Tom you gotta get to this.

8 Likes

I think it would just be cool if you put the class symbol and the name over your hearthlings head, it would save a lot of time and it would help you know where they are and who they are.

2 Likes

As long as it is a toggle-able option :wink: I think there could be three different options:

1. Names/Symbols Off
  2. Names/Symbols On
  3. Names/Symbols On Mouse-over
6 Likes

Can I necro this? This idea is still influential and I think the team could add it easily.

4 Likes

Ooo!

What a good idea!

I second this motion!

-Surly

3 Likes

Wow, has it really been 10 alphas since this was suggested? Iā€™m all for trying to make this relevant again!

4 Likes

Ohh boy, suggestions do not die easily do they? Well Iā€™m stil for it

4 Likes

A cool thing for those who like it :slight_smile:
But as long as there will be an option to turn it off/on in the default settings iā€™m fine with it :thumbsup:

6 Likes