[Res] Game doesn't start ( Update your graphic drivers manually! )

i don’t think so, i will check and i will tell you

2 Likes

I don’t see anything hire, if you see some nerd who doesn’t let me play this game tell me and i’m gone uninstall :slight_smile:

Could you post your system specs, please?

Also, here are a few things you can try besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/current-workarounds-try-these-if-youre-stuck/3972/10?u=relyss

The only weird thing that I see on your log is this part:

renderer.renderer | GLFW Error (65544): WGL: Failed to find a suitable pixel format 2015-May-31 18:31:58.805797 | client | 1 | renderer.renderer | Error trying to create glfw window. (size:(1280, 720) fullscreen:false)

Which probably caused the crash. @not_owen_wilson, do you know something?

3 Likes

Hire it is, but i have the same problem with that man only difference it’s when i open the application 3 sec and the game close without any message

tnx for the reply

I have just the same problem. I tried everything @Relyss listed without succes.

1 Like

As @Relyss said, can you post you system specs for us please?
Did you change any setting on the game or on your pc before this crash has occur and did you install/update anything before you opened the game?

Sorry for not helping the information you gave us are very vague :frowning:

1 Like

This are my system specifications. I have no clue how to make a crash report to post here. Hope this can help @pOgan_pAgan as well…

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot!
Seeing quiet a few opinions on this problem it’s hard to tell
I was suppose to reply to @pOgan_pAgan but I accidentally replied to yours
But for you I can’t help that much since not much info was provided
Sorry :disappointed:

2 Likes

@KoekuBakker @xXSlimeyXx tnx for the reply
I dont have any changes its like since first time i have try to run this game but the game doesn’t even open. i really like to play this game and i hope the problem gone be fix soon again thx for the reply :smiley:
@xXSlimeyXx if you like to tell us the options tnx

Your first time? Lucky you otherwise you will bored to death
Since everyone is now online I think this is a good time to summon
@Stoneheartfan an expert of computers and @RepeatPan a master of codes!

2 Likes

Usually the fault is the graphic card. People with AMD cards use to have problems, but many of them have succesfully resolved crashes in the past.

I don’t know which graphic card do you both have, but here are other topics that were succesfully fixed by updating the drivers from the manufacturer’s website:

Also, if you installed first with the Humble Bundle installer and then downloaded via Steam for the unstable/latest branch, it’s recommended to completely remove the Humble Bundle version first. And when reinstalling via Steam, deleting manually the game folder, not only cleaning via Steam.

Crashe reports are sent automatically through the game if you opted-in for allowing so, but if the crash happens before the game even starts, the devs don’t receive any report with your user_id.

1 Like

@Relyss Thanks for your quick reply.
I already removed all of my drivers with the program driver sweeper. After that I intstalled the latest version of both my intel and NVIDIA.
I have a NVIDIA Geforce GT 630M graphics card.

The problem came out of nowhere. I played alpha 10 like three times and suddenly I can’t open it anymore.
edit: maybe since the last build update?

So i have a little research on my pc and i just found the graphic card its not updated, i dont know why was not update automatically and when i updated and when i run stonehearth the game was working fine, thanks for the support and the replies to all of you YEA :smiley:

2 Likes

well as @Solus always says, never trust your PC’s auto updates, sometimes they will miss a few things.

4 Likes

My game is working fine as well after manually updating my intel drivers. Thanks for the help again though!

4 Likes

hmm… @brad perhaps on the “some tchnical stuff” page you should mention that people may need to manually update their drivers, as sometimes the auto-updates dont actually get everything. just a thought though…

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll say that bit of advice at least 200 more times before the game is finished

2 Likes

heh, no kidding. half the time the cause of the game not starting id the drivers werent up to date, because they trusted the auto-updates…

I actually downloaded a program for intel to detect my drivers and automaticly update when you use it. It was just not doing it´s work propperly.

1 Like

it was still an auto-update, never trust auto-updates to catch everything :wink:

1 Like