Requesting Help Getting Started

I decided to just change it back to "terrain_colors". In any event thank you once again for your help! :jubilant:

2 Likes

:smile_cat: Hopefully you donā€™t run into any more issues!

2 Likes

Sorry for continuing this but itā€™s still showing the hover name as what I posted before even after changing the name back to "terrain_colors" as well as after changing "terrain_colors" to "wood_colors". :glum:

Iā€™m no expert modder, so if there is something else thatā€™s wrong that I canā€™t seem to notice, I apologize. :sweat:

This is the text in my manifest.json file.
{
ā€œinfoā€ : {
ā€œnameā€ : ā€œluffly_colorsā€,
ā€œversionā€ : 3
},
ā€œdefault_localeā€ : ā€œenā€,
ā€œmixintosā€ : {
ā€œstonehearth/data/build/building_brushes.jsonā€ : ā€œfile(data/build/building_brushes.json)ā€
}
}

And then an example of one of the building_brush names.
"#faf0be" : {
ā€œdisplay_nameā€: ā€œi18n(luffly_colors:data.build.building_brushes.colors.#faf0be)ā€,
ā€œordinalā€ : 2001
},

Make sure the names match exactly?

2 Likes

Here are mine

[details=Summary]{ "info" : { "name" : "wood_colors", "version" : 3 }, "default_locale" : "en", "mixintos" : { "stonehearth/data/build/building_brushes.json" : "file(data/build/building_brushes.json)" } }[/details]
And an example of an entry. Is there a reason your ordinal is 20001?

[details=Summary]{ "always_available" : { "wood resource" : { "colors": { "#3D3834" : { "display_name": "i18n(wood_colors:data.build.building_brushes.colors.#3D3834)", "ordinal" : 10001[/details]

The ordinal is just where the color swatch will appear in the building window.

Is the color hex number matching in both building_brush.json and en.json file?

For example in the en.json file
"#9966cc": ā€œAmethyst (Luffly)ā€

In the building_brush.json
},
"#9966cc" : {
ā€œdisplay_nameā€: ā€œi18n(luffly_colors:data.build.building_brushes.colors.#9966cc)ā€,
ā€œordinalā€ : 2009

Make sure itā€™s like that for all colors.

2 Likes

So can I have a blank space between the default colors and my custom colors by changing the ordinal? Thatā€™d be pretty nice.

Back on the topic, though, all of the hex codes match in the files so itā€™s not that. :confused:

I donā€™t think you can have a blank space. I think itā€™s just so the colors can be grouped together.

Iā€™m not too sure what could be wrong. Maybe you accidentally removed a comma somewhere or a { / } or something else.
You can try to copy and paste the .json files text onto this site, and see if thereā€™s an error. http://jsonlint.com/

2 Likes

That link helped. It was just a silly mistake on my part. Forgot to remove a comma at the last entry in the locale file. Thank you for your patience and for all of your help! :jubilant:

2 Likes

All that trouble for a silly comma. :sweat_smile: No problem! Should have linked the site earlier!

2 Likes