Removing slab results in sculpted terrain

Summary:
So i’m building my latest map and after several hours of designing my villagers get stuck on it. ( big suprise ) Made it with free standing walls bottom and second floor and slabs. Build it in my mountain which i spent a day on getting empty. seeing i wanted the resources back i ordered them to destroy the structure. see the pictures on what happend.
Steps to reproduce:

1. build structure out of slabs inside an mountain
  2. order citizens to destroy it
  3. see an duplicate of your structure in original mountain stone.

Expected Results:
structure gone
Actual Results:
all slabs replaced back to original mountain block
Notes:
Did not get any errors. Can still order it to be mined and it gives me stone like usual. it only happens to slabs. Everything else gets destroyed like it should.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
clean install fresh alpha 18 3109 game. debugtools installed as shown on screens
System Information:

3 Likes

wow… that is… awesome lol at least that is a cool bug unlike most of the ones i get.

it is cool to know this happens and i’m not entirely sure if it is a bug or not seeing it affect pretty much nothing in the game. But i have not heard or read about it supposed to happen so i thought lets report it as a bug.

that is just… i just… a e s t h e t i c

this is the most amazing bug ive ever seen frankly, and demand it be made into a feature. jk. maybe.

2 Likes

@Albert is the maker of all of Stonehearth’s most awesome bugs. (Thinking of Firepit, here). Wow. Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, this is an artifact of restoring the terrain for building foundations when they are destroyed. Thanks for posting this hilarious bug!

Also, a link to the wicked firepit bug that incrementally infected everyone and caused them to go mad and attack their friends:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/res-invisible-goblins-hearthlings-killing-themselves/11279

5 Likes

Hilarious aside, I want to know what all awesome stuff you guys would do with this if we say, forgot to fix it for a while… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

cavehearthling village. 1000%. I bet it would be amazing, but I’m not that great with the slab tool :joy:

2 Likes

Geomancer stuff, probably >_>

I had thought I was imagining it but then wasn’t possible if you had cut a big hole.

Make nice window size holes, unfortunately can’t put a window in it though, isn’t a constructed wall I guess?
be nice to be able to put carpenter/potter window in cave rooms :slight_smile:

1 Like

make a 2 way opening and place sone lamps in them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cleared out this area of Silver Ore then built the wall back in using the Slabs, forgot the little slot so removed it to discover the stuff replaced was more Silver Ore, dupe bug kind of.

3 Likes

Sweet! infinite mining spot so you never have to dig out mountains to get more minerals!

2 Likes

This is so awesome and terrible at th same time i don’t even know what to think about it! :laughing:

Also, that’s an amazing exploit

3 Likes

I had a similar result while building “inlays” for dirt walls… didn’t seem nearly so worrisome there, but this is clearly bananas. Glad to know it’s reported!

1 Like

Summary:
I mined out an area of dirt that I did not intend to. And thus tried to build a wall of stone to fill in the gap. It, however, did not finish. So, I removed it, and suddenly the dirt that was mined away was back in place of the wall I had tried to build. No other part of the mined away area returned.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Mine away an area in dirt, and let it complete.
  2. Attempt to build wall that does not finish.
    3)Remove building(unfinished wall)
    4)Dirt has re-appeared in the place of the blocks that should have been built by wall/building.

Expected Results:
Building/wall should have completed or been removed

Actual Results:
The dirt came back that had been mined away previously, but just where I had attempted to build.

Notes:

Attachments:

a18d3131, Smart Crafter mod, Crusader mod

System Information:
Windows 8.1, i7-3770k 3.9Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti 2GB

the video is private, so i can see it

Sorry, Was a bit sleepy when I made that. You should be able to see it now

(sorry if this is already posted I didn’t see it on a quick viewing of past bugs.)

Summary: I stumbled on to this one while building a dwarven style Hearthling village. After you mine an area with resources, gold, iron, or even copper doesn’t matter you can get them back with the custom build option.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have your Hearthlings mine out the mineral in question.
  2. When mined out go to the build structure, custom build, select stone, pattern doesn’t matter and select the little bricks next to the building up top (the 3 or 4 standing off on their own).
  3. Make a new wall lets say 4x4x4 the size of the large mine tool, with the above stuff selected. (Size here doesn’t matter.)
  4. Once done select finished and start building.
  5. Re-Click on the new structure and click remove building. Then click Yes or whatever it says.
  6. Then what was there before will reappear with the minerals and stone like it had never mined.

Expected Results:
The minerals won’t come back, or the stone

Actual Results:
see number 6

Attachments:

Beta 0.18.0 No Mods

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Mine underwater ground away
  2. Build a layer of slabs on the 2nd lvl of removed from above
  3. Destroy the slabs when its build

Expected Results:
Slabs are removed and no land appears, just water

Actual Results:
New land to mine appears

Notes:
Only tested on 1 layer due to placing of handmade ship.

Attachments:

Alpha 18

System Information:
Win 10 64bit
i5-4210H 2.9GHZ
8GB RAM

1 Like