Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 1, Week 4 - Deities!

I doubt it’ll ‘strike fear’ in those other submissions, but here she is so far.

2 Likes

@RoseyNineOneOne loving the Quiver, the hood and color scheme

@voxel_pirate I can’t stop going back and marveling at the headdress, you must have immense patience.

@Relyss Your fear is very flattering. :smile:

It’s a risky project this one though. Feels like I’m using Qubicle in all the ways it wasn’t supposed to be used. Probably going to be a last minute submission and I’m terrified that I’m going to miss the deadline because of time zone mix-up. But… the adrenaline gives me focus! xD

@Geoffers747 @SteveAdamo Would it be ok to submit an early version and update it later, just to be sure to get something in?

Love the submissions so far!

1 Like

Yes by all means, submissions won’t close till about 10pm Bst on Saturday, which is anywhere between like 1pm and 5pm depending where in America you are?

@Geoffers747 Thanks! I’m in Sweden though. :smile: I’ll look it up.

Okay, I think I’ve got it mostly nailed down. Putting on some finishing touches.
Artemis and her Chariot

I would go one step further and create her six stags with their golden antlers and silver manes, but… I’m not gunna lie, I suck at making deer.

2 Likes

one question… will she marry me, and can we ride that glorious chariot down the isle?

ok, that was two… d@mn you “math made easy”!

Seeing as she’s one of several Greek Goddesses who refuse to marry, most likely not…

Of course it IS you, so I think you’ve got a chance.

1 Like

The only person she’d marry was killed. She’s also the Goddess of Chastity ^.-

so… you’re saying there’s a chance?

did you rough out any of the stags?

2 Likes

No. In fact, according to Greek mythology, you’d be in a long line to marry her. I mean, you’re probably the only one who won’t try and rape her after she rejects you.

I did, but I just nuked it. It looked absolutely awful. Maybe I should have kept it and kept working on it, but meh. Maybe some time in the future.

understood… well, you know where to get some constructive criticism, should you so desire…

we have such a shortage of wildlife as it is… :wink:

Well, obviously. According to Saxton Hale, animals are for hippies!

does it have to be an existing (historical) deity or can it be made up?

it can be either, but i’m afraid the final round is only open to those folks who placed in the top positions from the previous weeks… please feel free to submit your work here though! :smiley:

Well then you’ve nothing to worry about my European comrade! It’ll be either 11pm or 12am your time I think, you’re not that far ahead of Englnd in the time zones :smile:

Good job with that Artemis (and she doesn’t look at all like my models).
I really like her and her chariot :thumbsup:
Now I’ll continue with my work (I still fear all of you…)

I do not fear Tobias nor Pirate’s beautiful architecture. I do fear the things that have not been submitted though.

Working with large scales is tough, but I used human templates so my gods are human scaled (I don’t know if @Agon has made a big model or is it just the scenery).

Personally I think next cycle’s final theme should be titans.
It’s very impressive when I see a huge Chulthu and tiny settlers below him, although this is quite difficult to imitate in Qubicle…

Maybe I’ll end up submitting a smaller scene, cause if the three gods have to appear in the same picture they will look horribly small and pixelated. My screen is not tall enough for the scene I made, I’ll have to fuse their backgrounds.

1 Like

let me get this straight… you made a scene, with three beautiful nature based goddesses, one of whom is riding a freakin’ seahorse?

mashes the like button

1 Like