Post Your Candledark Screenshots Here! (Spoilers)

Finely got the candy! :smile: had annihilation/pathing issues on couple tries :grimacing:

They came!

We won candy!

3 Likes

So, this is just a mod?

1 Like

It is a mod made by the development team!
It’s the first holiday mod they’ve released and it’s actually great fun! (Make sure to plant batches of pumpkin ASAP! In my run it was the first thing I did Carp -> workshop -> hoe -> pumpkin patch!)

Not is it only a fun mod but the team opened the mod to public ofcourse with extra information for modders who would like to learn something from the mod and how its work etc. (One of the fine examples that radiant is one of the best (kickstarter) developers out there!)

It’s great, check it out!

6 Likes

It is not only a mod! It opens a new way in combat: wards. And all ready for us modders to reuse and understand. We could perfectly make defense turrets by recycling this code.

4 Likes

I will award 50 internet points and a custom title to the first modder who adapts this example to include fireball-belching turrets! :smile: :+1:

5 Likes

Maybe a Candledark modding challenge is in order? I’d be happy to take villager name suggestions from the winners of any/all of these possible forum contests:

a.) Most creative cubemitter effect added to the pumpkinward lantern
b.) Largest horde of skeletons survived (the skeleton_invasion.json spews 40 on night 3 but why stop there when 100 is a simple text-edit alteration away? Some tweaking of the spawn timer in skeleton_invasion.lua might be in order too, to not kill the framerate.)
c.) Most awesome mod-of-the-mod (fireball spewing wards, included).

Edit: Ok, I’ll put one up for say, b.) For starters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

oh Radiant, how much do I love thee? let me count the ways mass of dead skellies littered about my settlement!

kudos on creative modding challenges… :smile: :+1:

4 Likes

The amount of brainstorming this mod has created so far. My brain is on fire!

4 Likes

Apparently advanced calculations of pathing cough are beyond the Skeleton horde :smile:

They are not advancing, just hanging out in the field.

Villagers just kept building away and the Skeletons just watch

4 Likes

Just completed the adventure! I got confused, thinking the massive onslaught was to occur on the third night of the game.

So, the adventure begins!

It’s a frantic first couple of days, building defenses and growing more pumpkins than I ever had before in a game.

Finally, Candledark Eve is upon us!! …and everyone decides to fall asleep. Hmm. Okay, don’t mind the living dead…

May I present the DUAL WARD. “Skeletons won’t know what smote them!”

The outpost of Liyl’s defensive strategy involves the use of numerous twisting fences, much to the joy of the pathfinder.

Success! Everyone gets candy.

Except Irving Wester. On the first night of Candledark, he goes RUSHING out of the settlement to throw himself at the undead horde. Unfortunately, his courage stat was a little too high…while everyone else was running away, conveniently closer to the lines of wards, Irving kept on going–nothing could damper his smile and INDOMITABLE MANLY SPIRIT!!

Needless to say, sometimes too much courage can be a curse… In pace requiescat!

~Happy Candledark.~

6 Likes

I came across some problems! :slight_smile:

First I got this error:

I figured something when wrong with spawning something… so next night it said there were new skeletons… but they never came… they were hitting this

Which caused new errors…

Hopefully it helps in the debugging process! It was pretty fun seeing those skeletons hacking away on some goblins stuck in the ground tho!

2 Likes

That’s the error where the goblins turn into mini bunkers in the ground, which is funny to watch but also affords you time to make more Pumpkin Wards!

You can clear them out by reloading btw

This particular error I believe has been addressed in ver 1687, I play it a lot and not once gotten that error.

3 Likes

Just going to leave this here. Note the highlighted text :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Owh, well sorry for re-surfacing known problems!

1 Like

Navin is just that badass :smiley:

6 Likes

Best bit?

He’s one of the two footmen you see fighting (I think the other one was Kate Ember) :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I suspected as much! That trigger fires if you go all day without panicking or fleeing. He must have an epic courage stat.

1 Like

Here’s hoping he’s slightly more successful than Irving Wester in his endless quest for badassery…

1 Like

So I had to share this picture I got from my second playthrough…

Irving returns!!

4 Likes