Port of Pirates Bay

Sorry guys I moved it here from Alpha 8 screenshot (lots of pics to post and Future pics to come)
this has been the most stable run I have had so far. so just going to keep this going. Till next build
Also came up with so background to Pirates Bay.

Pirates Bay is located east of my mining town of Silverthorn. And South of the Kingdom of Raven. It is the main port of the region for trade and travel to other kingdoms. (this will expand as the game expands)

So whats here and whats coming. Tavern, warehouse x2, shopkeepers house, the weaver/blacksmith/carp/mason shops/ Town homes. And the obvious a ship in dock. Bottom walls up, all pathed. Future expansion of the farms, Food storage, and shepherd farm.

And a graveyard for my fallen.

The goblins attack, “To Battle, I say”

21 Likes

Very impressive! I always expected someone to craft a ship before we got water implemented. Of course, seeing it actually doesn’t make it any less immense or astounding of a project. Well done! I assume you’re using the slab tool for most of your construction?

I need to get back to work on my own projects, once Stonehearth starts working for me again! The switch to 64-bit has been tricky on my system–still seeing if it works!

4 Likes

Yupper, I slab most then carve it out. after I get where I want the actual walls w/o conflict. I have them build it using ladders to asst. Then place walls and slab again, carving the areas I want and need. Rinse and repeat ya know lol. i do the same for walls and interior walls of buildings. After I place roof lol.

1 Like

It’s like a little Noah’s ark, just waiting for the flood!

5 Likes

Holy Crap balls.

That’s amazing.

1 Like

Really well done, especially with the current tools

2 Likes

This seems like a silent plea for water :wink: Amazing job @micheal_handy76_mh this is definitely one of my favorite builds in A8

5 Likes

absolutely agreed… enjoy your richly deserved new title @micheal_handy76_mh! :wink:

5 Likes

I see you gave one to him already, but… “Shipwright”? Seems appropriate :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Thanks all, and thank you for the title @SteveAdamo. I’m just glad you all enjoy my builds.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! :smiley:

I really wish you had water on the dock…

And congratulations for your title!

3 Likes

That is AWESOME!!! I love how the dock looks.

1 Like

I can’t really even manage to make cool thick walls…
I’m not even mad
That’s amazing.

2 Likes

In accordance with the stream last night, I have some dry humor to tell you after I soak up how awesome this still is. :wink:
Is this town still going? Do you have any more progress for us to sea? Sadly, I think your save’s long been flooded with errors. Have you tried to make any moar ships recently?

looks at what I just wrote
I’m shorey, I really am.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no the game file has been degraded. I’m waiting on next build to start this up again.

I sea what you did there lol

stop just stop… :wink:

Did the boat have interior? it mast have

I tried a pun and it failed.

2 Likes

Yes the boat had a front mid and back interior, plus a captains quarters

4 Likes

I boat that took a long time to make! Of course, I’m not one for buoyancy but whatever floats your boat. At least you didn’t use the stone slabs! Making a boat out of stone would be a hardship. Good thing your hearthlings aren’t scared of the ship. I used to have a fear of boats, but that ship has sailed. Of course, i’m still not so shore of myself. In fact, with a wood boat, you may get a bit too waterlogged…

Passes out from all the pun writing.

3 Likes