[Please Note] We're currently experiencing performance issues

I just wanted to say- excellent job on optimizing the forum software for mobile! I’m typing this from iOS at the moment, and I can say that it is one of the best forums I’ve used on mobile, and that’s saying something! The fact that it’s even usable in browser, though, is spectacular! (y) @system! (And the rest of the team… I just don’t remember your usernames, sorry… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hooray, we’re back! :smile:

Yes - both of the ruby processes serving up Discourse got wedged into non-responsiveness :frowning:

We are investigating.

2 Likes

thanks for pulling out said wedgy, my good man! :blush:

1 Like

@supermathie Maybe the posts a bit above can help you. I have experience some performance issues during the last days (always in the same timeframe).

The last time restarted automatically (due to high memory usage) was Oct 20 09:57:38 UTC. It looks like it has been behaving in between then and now - it’s possible that your issues were due to network congestion, though I haven’t ruled out the server itself.

The issues today were due to the server process going LALALALAICAN’THEARYOU - that’s a new issue. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, you’ve lost me with these technical terms…

1 Like

And it’s still doing that… doing some upgrades which will mean a little bit more downtime but hopefully more stability.

2 Likes

I cant even make proper threads at the moment, trying to update my mod thread but can’t due to issues with performance.

It may be a little slow while I grab and compile new versions of a few things.

Well, it’s not particularly slow for me, but I’m getting a 502 Bad Gateway error occasionally.

Yes - I just took it down for a few minutes to upgrade the ruby version to one that fixes a few problems.

FROM THIS POINT ON you should be good and up… for now.

1 Like

Yeah that’s been the problem, it reappeared after the initial long down time and I was heartbroken, devastated, I didn’t know if I could go on…

Of course refreshing after a minute fixed it, but whatever…

I’m also pencilling you in for a proper upgrade of Discourse itself later today/tomorrow…

4 Likes

excellent! the site is performing nicely this evening though… it looks like all the 1’s and 0’s are realigned…

1 Like

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I’ve been having a few problems posting messages and logging in.

Have you been getting any specific errors? Anything in the JS console (if you can bring that up)

A specific time-of-day UTC would be helpful.

Since I had no idea where else to put it, and couldn’t be bothered to visit the meta, I just wanted to say I really like the way you’ve made the normal : ) faces etc. now actually work with emotes :slight_smile: should speed up my posting by about 0.4 seconds per post! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes