Pasting Custom Templates

Summary:
release-707 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1429: attempt to index field ‘dependencies’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1429: in function ‘_force_add_dependency’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1421: in function ‘_add_dependency’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2101: in function ‘_compute_wall_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1829: in function ‘_compute_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:466: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:105: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>

release-707 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

release-707 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: luabind::object load_json(lua_State*,std::string const&,bool)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:361: in function ‘_get_rotation_tweak_xz’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:436: in function 'rotate_structure’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:560: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:564: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:172: in function 'for_each_child’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:563: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:564: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:172: in function 'for_each_child’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:563: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:578: in function 'restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1617: in function 'build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1608: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1583: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1607: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1605>

release-707 (x64)
…ehearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.lua:414: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…ehearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.lua:414: in function 'clear’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:121: in function 'set_teardown’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:25: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:23>

Steps to reproduce:

1.New game
2. Build custom template.

Expected Results:
Transparent overlay of expected building

Actual Results:
All building items are pasted (e.g. windows, doors, furniture, lamps, etc.) but no floor, walls, or roof. In addition, all items as mentioned earlier are askew in one direction from where they should be placed.

Notes:

As shown in the picture, I attempted this twice, I am unable to remove or destroy the buildings, nor can I begin work on it as it doesn’t have a floor. This template I created in another saved game.

Attachments:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007605039/screenshots/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/817811439327039977/F3A3ED82DCB86A92C1343E87D4E7FF86D3442116/

Version Number and Mods in use:
v.707 x64

System Information:

Intel i7-2700K (Sandy Bridge)
32GB 1833Hz DDR3
256GB SSD
XFX 7970 Graphics Cards (3GB VRAM)

Can you upload the template either to here or a file-hosting site? That’ll help the Devs take a better look at what happened.

Does it happen every time you try and place the template down?

I’m currently at work right now, but I’ll try and load the template up when I get home this evening (currently 8:30am EST). This wasn’t my first attempt to import a template from a earlier saved game, and I’ll list the commonalities to reduce the troubleshooting. But here is my suspicion on a possible cause

Commonalities:

Ascendency
Normal Difficulty
Temperate Map
Merchant Caravan Package
Early Game

Possible Cause:

This game listed above is my sixth or seventh attempt at a clean play through without a major game break bug. I created the original template in my second play through, and was able to paste and construct the template on my third play through without issue. However, in the third play through I edited the original template to include a small storage room off to one side with a sloped roof. Due to the wall and roof generator being fickle about free standing walls and slabs I design the entire thing with slabs one block at a time. Once complete, I overwrote the original template with the one shown above. The shown play through in the screen shots, represents the first attempt to paste the revised template into a new game.

I suspect the manual block by block build (storage room) using slabs instead of the wall/roof generator may have caused an issue with the LUA code governing walls/floors/roofs. I’ll upload the template when I get home, and take screen shots of the original and edited buildings in their completed forms.

1 Like