Passionate Hearthlings Don't Like Their Jobs Anymore?

So, I’ve got a couple of passionate_‘insert profession here’ Hearthlings. Of course, being the nice overlord that I am, I give them the jobs they want. It used to be that they appreciated my kindness by loving their jobs.

Now, apparently, they’re ungrateful and aren’t one way or another. It’s just another ‘meh’ job that they just do. Seems like it’s not worth bending over backwards to give them what they want now.

Is this just a mess up somewhere or are the ‘passion’ traits being phased out in future installments? If it’s not, I feel like I’m doing the equivalent of giving them a burger flipping job at McD’s.

4 Likes

Noticed this too, think it’s an oversight.

1 Like

They just give a permanent happiness boost to the base morale when the hearthling has that job :thinking:

Are you perhaps confusing them with other traits?

1 Like

@Relyss No, before there would be a morale listing “Loves Their Job.” There would actually be a boost to the happiness that you could see. That’s not the case now. Has it been changed?

3 Likes

Could have sworn I remember it showing up in their mood panel, as a bonus.

1 Like

Hmm yeah, that rings a bell. I will investigate.

2 Likes

@Relyss This is from a few minutes ago. Nothing at all about how much he loves his job.

Huh, it seems that not only the passion jobs are affected, but any other permanent thought is not being displayed in the UI. OMG when did this break? Like, they get the thoughts, but the thoughts do not appear in the character sheet :frowning_face:

Thank you very much for reporting this!!

3 Likes

@Relyss You’re very welcome. I can’t mod or 3D sculpt, but I can try to play at being a bug tester for you guys. :wink:

6 Likes

Dont underestemate the value of testing :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t. But, I’m not so good at the bug recreation part. Particularly if it’s a tricky one. This particular one just kinda tweaked my nose since I do pay attention to the morale messages. Made it easy to see. The messages have been missing for a while, at least on the unstable branch. I might backtrack to the stable side and see if it recreates there, too. That might give an idea of when or how it broke.

1 Like

Thanks @Spell_Blade. I investigated the code and found where it broke, which likely points to when it broke. It was a while ago, indeed. Blame dormant code :sweat_smile: I should’ve detected this earlier.

1 Like

It’s hard to detect if no one mentions something’s wrong. You guys are working hard. This is one of those things that apparently a lot of people missed for whatever reason. It can be pretty easy to overlook going by that alone.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s found. You’ll fix it. All will be well. :jubilant:

1 Like