NEW BUILDER VERY UNSTABLE BRANCH O.o

I built a house and cut out the unwanted overhangs on the roof.
Everything was fine in the preview.
However, now that the Hartlings are building it, the overhangs is back.

Bug or feature?

1 Like

I kinda like it, though, that the first two new hearthlings now require significantly less net worth. At least compared to when I played the last time a couple of month ago.

@Lorki: Holes in roofs still seem to be buggy, others noticed it, too, myself included.

1 Like

Seems like the perfect foundation for yet another mod Kitty! :jubilant::smile_cat:

I love the change to 5 hearthlings! I always felt kinda ahead in the start with 7 and a bit annoyed with the stress level to house and craft beds for all those hearthlings before i even got started… :sunny:

2 Likes

ANOTHER BUILDING UPDATE WHAT IS HAPPEN

• Sinking buildings one voxel into the ground is back, baby! Just drag your room/blocks down. But they can only do one voxel deep, as before. WITH TEMPLATES: “.” and “,” already rotate the template. Now, hold shift to sink/unsink the template–any template….

• Paint. Roofs.

• Pause building buildings. Or unpause. YOU DECIDE

• The building activity zone now turns yellow during planning, and green when building

• On building completion, workers will surround the building and celebrate their hard work! Also, through the power of magic (and/or love), resources that are strewn over the building will teleport back to the camp standard or town center (as with traders depositing items)

• Fix holes in roofs not saving :frowning:

• Fixed items in inventory not always showing up in the building ui for placement

• Fixed new structures not contributing to the area of your town

• Fixed scaffolding & ladders being left behind during building destruction

• Fixed some lua errors around building destruction

• Fixed some bad template loading bugs that resulted in reused building ids and general inexplicability/errors

• Fixed some truly lazy coding on my part around rotating templates, causing incorrect rotations w/ stairs and lua errors w/ fixtures

• Fixed fixtures that are attached to structures AFTER building completion not being detached/refunded properly on destruction

• Fixed a bunch of nonsense around item placement on existing structures

• Fixed a bug around drawing building activity zones in the ground

• Fixed building screenshots breaking if there are no blueprints for the building

• Fixed some dumb template name sorting

22 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to putting my paws on this.

3 Likes

Another noticed change: “goal” amounts of wealth and food for next hearthling spotted in Town Info tab!

Possible suggestion: “mirror” tool for transforming entire templates?

@not_owen_wilson The zone can fly, too!
(Put near the cliff, started, paused, unpaused)

Also,

Houston, we have a problem.

They won’t stop celebrating!
(mine are going through the night and into the next day, they are hungry and sore, plz help)

10 Likes

Thanks for adding a flashing effect to the Name: bar on the Official Settlement Declaration!! I’ve had a few false starts because I clicked what banner I wanted only to realize that I hadn’t named my town…and had used the speed hotkeys so ended up with like Townsberry14 lol.

4 Likes

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

4 Likes

I have noticed that my miners are having issues again. If I mine downwards using the area tool they will get to a point where they’ve mined at least a 2 block high wall all around themselves and will just stop. If I cancel the area, chip out a couple of single blocks, and then select it with the area tool again. they act like nothing was ever wrong. It was happening before and after the latest update.

1 Like

It’s not that I say, finally with this one, and I haven’t tried it yet, but I think this could turn out to be a more than mediocrely good desision. (yes the euphimisms are part of just how much I’m trying to convey, as is the fact that it is a euphemism.)

Whoot Whoot.
Also, imagining the tone chris had in his mind while writing it.

dev: oh boy, not again a big piece of code like the rotation code.
:smile:
I do agree though, that is a very good idea, which would make the builder (mainly templates) even more powerfull. It has my official endorsement.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing around with this and it’s very fun so far! Definitely more intuitive and has cut out a lot of the frustration of getting things juuust right so even someone with no interior decorative sense can make something nice.

However: is there a way to delete templates? I’ve sort of figured out how to make new ones when simply editing the old ones (Carpenter House v Weaver House) but sometimes it duplicates or just doesn’t go over old versions at all rather than the finalized versions I want to keep.

5 Likes

This one is so needed, thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@biomagnet I only have the DIY version for you, they do still need to add a deletion X with an are you sure in game as far as I can see.
Inside your stonehearth folder on your computers disk there is a folder that stores pictures on your builds and also the actual build file.
Currently if you use the old builder you can search for the name, the new builder unfortunately re-names them to sufhebslxbrj like names. (can that change devs?) so you can delete them like that, or if you have a good build copy and share from there :slight_smile:

I’ll edit this message with the entire path later
EDIT:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

2 Likes

translation: shift + , = sink building template down one // shift + . raises it back above land level. (took me some figuring to understand what you mean)

but really redesigning your template with being sunk down again in mind is the better option here.
Longhouse version XIII here we come…

also, this means the road tool cant be far away now can it :slight_smile: ?

2 Likes

I just used the widget and it lowered the house into the ground. If it’s already got a foundation just click on the foundation and drag it into the ground. Looking forward to the road tool and here’s hoping it works like the current road tool where you can apply it to slabs.

I don’t know what is wrong with me… but this line man… this made me laugh for a solid, 5 minutes… :laughing:

You really need to start posting more patch notes Chris :heart:

7 Likes

Whatever is wrong with you is also wrong with me; I read and reread this all afternoon. :slight_smile:

Yesssss… now that you mention it…

9 Likes

Uh, this isnt how construction works ahahahaha! :laughing:

3 Likes

Hahahaha, this thread has lots of good stuff in it. :rofl:

what is wrong with me?

Thank you very much! Now I can keep my template list much more organized and less cluttered. It sometimes doesn’t help when the template preview image shows me the back of the building for some reason, but I think I can live with that. :wink:

1 Like