[New Builder] Unable to Add Decor/Ladders Against Walls

Summary:
Walls finished with the new builder are not allowing me to build a ladder against them. I am also unable to attach new decor to interior of walls, either through the builder or the standard placement UI.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a single wall or room with new builder to completion.
  2. Attempt to build a ladder against the wall(s) or decor to some interior walls. Note: The ladder may attach to roofs or decor already place.

Expected Results:
Able to place ladder or decor virtually anywhere.

Actual Results:
Unble to place ladder or decor virtually anywhere.

Notes:

Attachments:
Save.rar (5.4 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 24 837
SuperMod6
Sacred Grove Biome
Miner Profession
Smart Crafter

System Information:

3 Likes

Same issue without mods:

Tried to attach furniture to any finished wall.
New builder interface takes controll.

*Release: Alpha 24 - 838
*Mods Downloaded:
Floating phisics
Worldmap size 64

*Mods Active:
None

Thanks. I’ll back that up, too. I tried without mods and got the same results.

Can confirm this

1 Like

Summary:
After i have build a structure, i cant place a ladder on it to the top.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a structure
  2. try placing a ladder to the top of the structure

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

1 Like

This has been fixed for the next build.

6 Likes

Okay, so I’m trying to put stone shelves in my little blacksmith shop. But I can only attach them to the natural walls that are part of the shop using ‘Place Item.’ When I try to place them on the constructed walls with “Place Item,” I get a nice fat red ‘X.’ When I first tried to attach them via the new builder, I got this:

release-838 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/services/client/build_editor/item_placer.lua:172: attempt to index local ‘entity’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ehearth/services/client/build_editor/item_placer.lua:172: in function ‘_location_filter’
…ehearth/services/client/build_editor/item_placer.lua:71: in function ‘_location_filter_fn’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:224: in function ‘filter_fn’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_util.lua:23: in function ‘get_selected_brick’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:211: in function ‘_get_selected_brick’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:283: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_base.lua:115: in function ‘_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function ‘_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:80: in function ‘_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>

EDIT: This just in, in order to add the shelves to the walls, I essentially have to start a whole new build that adds to the previous one.

Thank you, @Relyss, for the update!