My game keeps crashing

When I start a new game it works fine for about an hour then the whole screen freezes and it crashes. I try and start the game again and it works fine until I load a save, then i get into the game it works fine for a few seconds and then it freezes and then crashes again. This has happened multiple times on different saves. I don’t have any mods. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it keeps happening. Does anyone have any ideas that can help.

What was the last build that didn’t have this issue for you?

Could you upload the stonehearth.log file (and crash dump you have that)?

1. The stonehearth.log file should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\ (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Upload the log file. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,

When it crashes, do you get a crash.zip or crash.dmp file inside the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth folder? If so could you upload it too?

I cant it keeps saying new users cant do it but im not new at all

crash.dmp (164.2 KB)

@Joelyrancher, which game version do you have? (When you click on the ‘About’ button it should appear at the top).

Do you know more or less when did the crashes start happening?

Do you get any pop up when the game crashes?
Which OS, RAM, CPU and Graphic card do you have?

I have version 1.1.0 release 937 x64 build

1 Like

Whenever it crashes this pops up: Assertion Failed:((char *)next-_base) < =len(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\resources\animation.cpp:191)

Are you using any mods?

no im not using any mods

Try deleting the animations folder in your Stonehearth folder. Those are cached animations, and that error suggests that they got corrupted somehow. Next time you run the game they will be regenerated - that may cause small hitches, but it’ll only happen once per animation.

2 Likes