Multiplayer without Steam?

Okay I’ll give it a go! Here are some settings that are a little more copy-paste friendly but you still have to replace the IP Address for the client player.

Settings for the host:

"multiplayer" : {
    "server" : {
        "port" : 57093,
        "ip" : "0.0.0.0"
    },
    "remote_server" : {
        "enabled" : false
    }
},

Settings for the client:

"enabled" : true,
        "ip" : "host ip goes here"
    }
},
3 Likes

Thank you for trying, still unnable to connect

1 Like

The host game is running and the banner is placed? And the client machine can ping the host machine?

1 Like

yes, it is. I tryed both with local ip and with the internet ip… but no sucess

1 Like

If you can ping the host from the client then it should work :thinking: - can you share the stonehearth.log files for the host and the client?

1 Like

Did you set up port forwarding (for port 57093) on your router?

If you don’t configure that the client won’t be able to connect through your router’s firewall. It’s a process but pretty easy once you know what you’re doing and important for hosting any game. Unfortunately there’s a million and one different routers so you’ll have to find the instructions for the one you own to learn how to do it.

1 Like

RivingtonDown is correct if you are connecting to a computer outside of your local area network. But if you’re just on the same network use the local ip address.

1 Like

can you show me the steps for the multiplayer?

1 Like

I opened DMZ on my router and my friend connected to my server. @ayazar settings for multiplayer Lan are working.

1 Like

Anymore luck with this? I want to make a server where I can host a roleplay/build/adventure location for several players. Is this possible? How many players? Thanks.

1 Like

I cant seem to do it right. could you please upload a user_setting example?

thanks.

1 Like

Hey Mikey, what is the issue you’re seeing? The example you replied to is supposed to be copied into the user_settings.json. The host ip goes here needs to be replaced with the IP address of the host.

An example user settings file for the host might look like this if you copied your user id in:

{
	"user_id" : "<your user_id here>",
		"server" : {
			"ip" : "0.0.0.0"
		},
			"enabled" : false
		}
	},
	"renderer" : {
		"run_once" : true,
		"use_high_quality" : true,
		"enable_dynamic_icons" : true,
		"enable_ssao" : false,
		"enable_shadows" : true,
		"msaa_samples" : 0,
		"shadow_quality" : 1,
		"max_lights" : 10,
		"max_shadows" : 1,
		"enable_vsync" : false,
		"enable_fullscreen" : false,
		"draw_distance" : 750,
		"graphics_preset" : 1,
		"recommended_graphics_preset" : 1,
		"last_window_x" : -77,
		"last_window_y" : 86,
		"window_width" : 1920,
		"window_height" : 1061,
		"window_maximized" : false,
		"last_screen_x" : 0,
		"last_screen_y" : 0,
		"screen_width" : 1920,
		"screen_height" : 1080
	}
}
2 Likes

where should we write it on?

1 Like

The user_settings.json file sits in your steam directory, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth for me, but could be wherever your library is. You can follow this guide to find your game files: Steam Community :: Guide :: How to access game files

1 Like

@ayazar hi, thx for this guide but… how to join a multiplayer game without using Steam, and so the Steam Friend List ?? If the tricks is to simply launch the game on Client, the answer is “connection lost”.

Besides, no mods without Steam (neither ACE). Is there an other way to force LAN connection ?

1 Like

Oh. I forgot to mention.
Have the host start the game and place a camp down first. then the user can start the game.

1 Like

@Bolune the Client just have to launch the game ? The game will join automatically ?

1 Like

Yes. After host makes game and places camp. Client just starts the game.

1 Like

Yes it’s what I did. Ok thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, you can force the game to ignore steam with this user setting:

"steam": {
   "enabled": false
}
1 Like