Moving Beds inside a house Problem

Summary:
Every time when i want to move a bed that is inside a built house to a spot inside the house they actually goes and pick up a new bed from the stockpile rather than moving the bed selected and if i instead put it outside the house it moves it like it should.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a house with a comfy bed inside
  2. Move bed to a new spot inside same house

Expected Results:
Moving the bed you had selected to the new spot
Actual Results:
Picks up a new bed from the stockpile when you try to move it

Notes:
Outside the house it works normal they move it like they should even if the bed was inside the house
Attachments:
This was just one bed from the start

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release 652 Alpha 18 (M)

Spiros Windows
Jomaxro Doorways
Settlement Decorations
Café Mod

System Information:
Windows 10 x64
AMD 7950
i7 920@3.8Ghz
12GB DDR3 1600mhz
Samsung 840 Evo and many more drives

Updated

Just another note the building is not 100% done it got everything built but not all furniture placed so i think this is the cause of the issue

related?
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/error-attempting-to-place-ghost-entity-in-a-blocked-location/24914/10

I have the same issue in A18 (didn’t happen in A17), but this also happens for wall items e.g. flower boxes. I also found that if another item does not exist it creates a ghost copy. The workaround I found was to attempt to move it and then return the original to stockpile.

Maybe.

@yshan said she had to talk with @not_owen_wilson because there were other related problems like being able to place furniture inside blocked places, if you use the building vision modes like here:

I’ll put my bets on the furniture-building ownership thing introduced after a17.
One of the “feature” of that is: if a furniture attached to a building is destroyed, it will be automatically replaced.

I am guessing that manually ordering a move may not remove the attachment, so the building detects that it has a missing furniture, so ordered a new one from ike… I mean your stockpile. It is probably not the moving itself that is the bug.

That also explains why it works outside buildings : no pesky building ordering missing stuff.

1 Like