[MOD] [SPOILERS] Water Mod v0.7.0

Berry Bushes can provide a small amount of hydration. From juices of berries, just tie it to the food of the berries.

Much easier said than done but I like the idea. I’ll see what I can do :smile:

1 Like

Update v0.5.0 is out and while it fixed some minor bugs it’s mainly to introduce the consumable hydration component as requested :wink:

I have also added a new section in the main post titled “For Modders” that shows some examples of how to use the components to add hydration to food and other such things. For now, the main mod has mixintos that setup food hydration on berries, corn, and pumpkin.

Enjoy! :smiley:

3 Likes

FYI, they changed a number of things with the hydrology systems in build 2310 so at the very least if you have water in your world you will have to start a fresh world now. I’m testing everything in the mod and so far the methods I’m using thankfully haven’t changed in syntax. The main issue is that the channel_lib class changed to channel_manager and some things are broken at least for already existing worlds. I’m working on a workaround to try to keep worlds backwards compatible but no promises :stuck_out_tongue:

Released v0.6.0. This update is just for bugfixing a few things that broke in build 2310. At the moment I had to re-add in one of the overrides and this will remain until the hydrology code is fixed. If anyone has any bugs with this mod on build 2310 please update to v0.6.0 and retest. If the bug still occurs post a screenshot or log section here and I’ll get a workaround out as quickly as I can.

Well, it has been quite some time since I’ve had an update out for this mod. I’ve been mostly waiting for a more final stable build and so far the latest one (build 240) is excellent. That said here is v0.7.0 of Water Mod:

Changes:

• Misc bug fixes
  • Fixed AI bug with drinking water
  • Reduced total water consumption from sources when drinking water. Hydration increase remains the same.
  • Added lakes to world generation
    • Spawns only in Plains areas for now
    • Size ranges from 9x9 to 21x21 and up to 5 blocks deep
    • Static amount of water upon spawn that will decrease with usage (does not replenish)

I hope that now I’ve got the basics of world generation under my belt that I’ll be able to get something basic in for spawning the springs and sinkholes and thus create some generated streams.

Enjoy! :smiley:

2 Likes

Pics or get the fart out!

What happens to hearthlings if they get stuck in water?

Maybe It’ll be like a sims thing, If they get stuck in water they drown, removes ladders

Good question though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Right now, nothing happens to them if they’re underwater. I should see about adding a drowning mechanic then :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, here’s a shot showing the lakes that it can spawn right now:

The size and frequency of the lakes is super configurable so if the small lakes are deemed too small or too common it’s really easy to adjust it.

3 Likes

I hate to be picky, but that’s more of a pond than a lake :yum:

3 Likes

And that’s why I want feedback so that we can correct such inconsistencies :wink:

As stated earlier it’s VERY easy for me to configure the size, depth, and frequency ranges. Right now I just have it setup to do square lakes (might keep it this way since round things in Stonehearth are eeeeeeevil) but can be pretty easily expanded to produce more complicated shapes.

So, what size should they be? Bigger or smaller than the dessert plains area in that screenshot? How many should there be on a map? Should they all be connected or independent?

2 Likes

I say square, T-shaped, and cross-shaped lakes (to add shape variation)

size - 100x50m (small lake)
250 x 100m (medium lake)
500 x 250m (medium-large)
1000 x 1000 (large)

Don’t know much about depths.
Would larger lakes slow down the game significantly?

2 Likes

I don’t know what I did wrong. I started the game, I’m not doing anything, also can appear this kind of situation. This as? My long letter reshipment once game, but still won’t do.

Can you post your Stonehearth.log file to someplace like this: https://gist.github.com/

I’m betting that there’s something else going on here but your user_settings file (aside from some tab alignment) looks correct and I won’t know for sure until I can see your log file.

@chessmaster42 stonehearth.log (46.0 KB)

Did you mean to post that into the thread about Structures+? Because I do see errors related to Structures+ in there but it looks like the game fully loaded and was played for several minutes. Can you post a log where the game is failing to load with your modified user_settings?

@chessmaster42 I guess the computer problems, is the problem that the renderer? Or the video card does not support? Because I tested it on another computer, was a success.
I found a situation that when I set so is normal,

"enable_debug_keys" : false ,
"mods" : {
	"stonehearth" : {
		"enable_water" : true
}
	}

why?So what’s the difference? Shut down, I have what function can’t be used? Such as the console?

I used to only added

"enable_debug_keys" : turn ,

Open the picture is “terrorist”:
All objects are composed of lines,

What’s going to happen to this notorious mod now that water is actually in the game by default?

1 Like

That’s an excellent question. Is it broken in some way? It should still be working. If not let me know and I’ll get a quick patch out so that it’s functioning again. I should also update the title and such since you don’t have to jump through hoops anymore to turn water on. I do need to see if the override I was doing is still necessary. There was a bug a while back that made it necessary but chances are that is causing more harm than good now.

Aside from that I don’t have any plans to add more to this mod. It reached feature-complete for me a long time ago. Now if there are community suggestions I’m all ears. Related to this I do plan on having water piping and pumping systems but that will be in MechanicalMod, not this one.

2 Likes

I’m currently trying this with alpha 10 (because i want thirst in stonehearth!), and it wont generate a world. Relevant section of stonehearth.log:

2015-May-15 17:05:40.476098 | server | 1 | lua.code | could not find path for lua script “watermod/stonehearth/constants.lua”.
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | – Script Error (lua) Begin -------------------------------
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | co-routine failed: No matching overload found, candidates:
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | bool optimize_by_merge(Region3&,char const*)
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | stack traceback:
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | [C]: in function 'optimize_by_merge’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | watermod/scenarios/static/terrain/lake/lake.luac:20: in function 'initialize’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:67: in function '_activate_scenario’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:18: in function 'add_scenario’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …rver/world_generation/surface_scenario_selector.luac:26: in function '_place_scenarios’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …rver/world_generation/surface_scenario_selector.luac:5: in function 'place_immediate_scenarios’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:92: in function 'fn’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …nehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.luac:6: in function 'measure’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.482093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:92: in function '_place_scenarios’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.483093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:79: in function '_generate_tile_internal’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.483093 | server | 0 | lua.code | …erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:60: in function 'f’
2015-May-15 17:05:40.483093 | server | 0 | lua.code | radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>
2015-May-15 17:05:40.483093 | server | 0 | lua.code | – Lua Error End -------------------------------

1 Like