After result of my previous Mod Idea (now known as Alternate Naming mod by @RepeatPan), I’ve got another idea for our villagers, to improve their ‘individuality’. As I said earlier, at the moment I may only give ideas, which could be useable
Mod may be at the moment impossible/very difficult to create. So, let’s start explaining
Start the game. Place your banner. You’ve got some villagers - in example: Arasm, Harper, Zetoph, Ardi, Ostia and Reika. Three males, three females. Nice start. But… why all three girls look absolutely the same? I know, there is a voxel game, but they have even the same hairstyle. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
How we may ‘solve’ this? There is already a method, which involves *.qb editing. Copy, Edit in Qubicle, Save, Add into smod… Simple, but if you want to add all variations of colors, you may end overexpanding the file size.
Now it’s coming my idea to improve the variety without expanding the file:
- What if not only hair style, but also hair color will be selected during villager spawning?
Let’s create/edit the file with possible hair/accessories colors. One value for hair color and one value for accesories color. When the new worker is spawned, his/her model has changed hair and/or accesories colors.
- Hairstyles have lighter/darker parts sometimes. But I think this problem may be overtaken by using 105/95 percent of the colour values ;p
- More values for our villagers
- All hairstyles should be recreated in the same color scheme in game files.
- Dunno if editing models in-game is impossible.
*) all of those names are available by Alternate Naming mod