[Mod] Brewery Mod 3.0 - Alpha 12 - *New Update*

Welcome to my second mod ever released, a companion mod to @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4,In this mod I have added a Distiller workbench for the cook as well as a few more drink recipes using the Distiller and I have added harvestable Wild Mushrooms, Wild Blueberries, Wild Strawberries, Roses and Allium that spawn in the gameworld, there are also new ingredients I have added; Yeast, Cocoa Powder and Sugar.

It has come to my attention that i may have mislead people and i’d like to clarify that it was in no way my intention to do so, and for that i apologize. This mod borrows models and code from @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 for the drink containers and the serving containers.All credit for the food buff observer goes to @RepeatPan and @Froggy

I have removed all conflicting code and objects from my mod so that my mod works in unison with Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 which means I have removed the Well and Apiary but it can be found in Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 and works in the same way.
######If you would like my apiary model here are the .qb files : apiary.zip######

• Functional Distiller (A new workbench for the cook profession, built by the cook using 2 wood, 3 copper ingots and 1 empty wood barrel) The distiller gives the cook the new ability to brew drinks such as Mead, Fortified Pine Wine and lots more.

• 9 New Crops (Crops are planted the same as standard crops by the Farmer) The new crops are growable and harvestable and produce new resources like; Strawberries, Blueberries, Tomatoes, Garlic, Cocoa Beans, Sugarcane, Rice, Watermelon and Grapes.

• Harvestable Wild Mushrooms, Blueberries, Strawberries and Flowers (Harvestable by using the standard harvesting selection tool) Groups of wild mushrooms, roses, allium, blueberries and strawberries will now spawn in the gameworld automatically and spawn on all terrain. Wild Mushrooms can be used by the cook to create Yeast, Blueberries and Strawberries can be eaten raw or used by the cook.

• Storage Barrel (Used in the recipe for the distiller and can be placed just like any other stroage/decoration.) The storage barrel is created by the carpenter and requires level 1 and 4 wood.

• 14 Drink Recipes (Created with the distiller workbench.) The drink recipes are always being added to but for now there are 14 drinks available utilizing ingredients from stonehearth, stonehearth cafe and ingredients from this mod. For a comprehensive list of all ingredients you can check the wiki: Brewery Mod Wiki

• 8 Drink Buffs (Buffs appear after drinking the various drinks available with this mod) The various drinks contained within the mod now have various buffs and debuffs, affecting various attributes. For more info on the Buffs you can check the Wiki here: Brewery Mod: Buffs

In the upcoming future I plan on adding these features:

• Buffs to go with the various drinks

• Even More drink recipes

• Animated distiller workbench

• Turn barrels into storage for drinks.

• More harvestable and growable crops, plants, flowers and resources.

To keep up to date with planned features you can check out the Brewery Mod Road Map

Here are some images: (I will add more over time)

The Distiller:

***Buffs:***

For Info on the various buffs & what they do check the Wiki

Wild Plants:

Drinks:
Turnip Juice Corn Mead Carrot Juice Fortified Pine Wine

Frost Berry Wine Mead Pumpkin Spice Mead Golden Mead
For a comprehensive list of the drinks available check the Wiki

Please click on a button below to download:

:exclamation: You will also need @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 for this mod to work correctly.

To install this mod locate your stonehearth folder,

Steam: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
Non-Steam:\Program Files\Stonehearth

Place the .smod file or the “brewerymod” folder into the mods folder located in the stonehearth directory and start the game!

If you download the .rar file from Github make sure that you unzip the .rar file and make sure that the folder is named “brewerymod” NOT “brewerymod-master” or “brewerymod-3.0” if it is please rename it before placing it into your mods folder.

both the .smod file and the folder will work the same.

If you have any issues at all or something isn’t working right please let me know. :smile:

15 Likes

Now all the erratic Hearthling behavior can make more sense! This looks like fun. :smile:

8 Likes

Downloaded it and tried it out for a few, works great!

Has that unique “Stonehearth” feel to it. I’m looking forward to see what you do with this!

1 Like

Thanks :smile: Exactly! Now we can just blame the little hearth drunks and hearth hangovers * giggle *

:beer: cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m looking forward to working on some of the upcoming features over the next few days, but I’m always open to new ideas as well…
I’m glad it’s working :smile:

1 Like

This mod seems like it would pair beautifully with this sheep dream sequence :smiley: I have found funny Dreams

2 Likes

I… I cam-…burp …what did I-oh yea something… this is cool man… really cool… … …I love you man, this is really-burp-cool

4 Likes

Well done creating this mod! The only suggestion I have is to expand the list of beverages made out of existing ingredients; i,e: turnip wine.

(Also, does no one else remember the brewer class from the kickstarter sample job tree?)

2 Likes

Hahahaha that’s amazing! Now I’ve got ideas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

Thanks! I remember the brewer class and have been waiting but figured the little hearthlings deserved some fun in the meantime :smiley:

Also that’s a great idea about extending the list of drinks to use existing ingredients I’ll pop that on my list of things to do and get cracking :stuck_out_tongue: thanks!

2 Likes

you are quickly becoming one of my favored people of the discourse, definitely going to be using this mod, in fact i’ll probably be using all the mods you release… :smile:

2 Likes

Naaaw :blush: thanks! I’m kind of amazed by the wonderful reaction to my mods to be honest seen as I’ve only been on here for a few days and I started modding stonehearth about 3 weeks ago!

I’ve got plenty of ideas and free time so there will be lots more mods to come! It makes me all nerd happy and glowy on the inside to know people use my mods and I’m glad you’ll get some use out of this one :smile:

4 Likes

yet another reason to love this community :smile:

[quote=“Kurohito, post:12, topic:16487”]
I started modding stonehearth about 3 weeks ago!
[/quote]wow, i wouldnt have known if you hadnt told me… that makes my attempt at mods look quite terrible :laughing:

awesome to hear, and remember, if you need any sort of help dont hesitate to ask.

[quote=“Kurohito, post:12, topic:16487”]
It makes me all nerd happy and glowy on the inside to know people use my mods and I’m glad you’ll get some use out of this one :smile:
[/quote]i gotta agree, its always nice to know that people appreciate you and what your doing.

4 Likes

absolutely brilliant stuff @Kurohito! and welcome aboard! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @SteveAdamo :smiley:

2 Likes

I personally believe that’s a slightly inaccurate way of putting it:

Plus of course the following files, which often differ only in the alias (cookmod being replaced to brewerymod), a few times in the description and in the case of the recipes a bit more, although it’s visible where the inspiration came from.

The diff of these files can be found as gist:

I didn’t dig any further, didn’t check for simply renamed files or similar. That’s just what I’ve got from looking at it for about five minutes.

4 Likes

So, what distinguishes this mod from @Froggy’s? What in it is new, and what in it is not new?

1 Like

New: Alcohol, mushrooms (for yeast, which actually should be added to the bread recipe), distiller, decorative barrels, and, frankly, a better looking apiary.

2 Likes

You’re right it was inaccurate and i have since spoken with @Froggy and taking their suggestion that this would work being a companion mod to Stonehearth Cafe. It was in no way my intention to mislead people and i am deeply sorry if i offended anyone at all. The mod and original post has been updated and hopefully we can all put this mistake behind us.

5 Likes

I like your work and i’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds. Keep it up :slight_smile:

3 Likes