Live Stream Question Bank

(on behalf of @BirdyNomNom)

Travelling

I’ve read there will be mounts, this means there will be a point where you have/want to go on a journey.

• As an example. In a later stadium of the game your region gets low on a mining good. You have found an other resource like a 5min journey away. Will there be a possibility to build like a mining/farming (like if you wont use your forrest close by) outpost - and more important how will you get your goods to your city? (Will there be pushcarts for short distances, or even carriages drawn by horses/lamas etc…)
  • Overseas? Will there be like tropical islands? (Will you have a chance to build trading ships?)
  • Road construction and bridges? (The villagers will automatically use the “fastes” way?).

[color=blue]Answer: travel will be limited initially / focus (most) on your city; think little travel between encampments (not roaming world, initially)[/color]

1 Like

Individuals

I’ve read the villagers will have a lot of custom abilities etc.

• The game is also pronounced as a RPG. So my question here is how far will this individuals go? Will they have custom skills/abilities like if they work a lot as a miner they get stronger and more efficient, but when they change their profession they will lose those stats by time and will have a hard time to learn something new (if its not equal, like a miner is also a good soldier or a carpenter is a bad animal trainer etc.)
  • Will your villagers be “human” or “machines”? Will they have feelings and a personal character? (If yes, will the feeling influence their productivity? Or is the person a lazy type like a farmer who only will collect 80% of the crops instead of 100%, or the same vis a vis an ambitious farmer who will collect 120%)

Physic engine?

• How advanced will it be?

Wow, it’s have been a very long time since i have posted anything :no_mouth:

One question:

Since the game is going to be very mod friendly, will there be an easy way to download and manage mods through the game itself, without having to serch the internet for a mod and then messing around with the game files to install it? (something like the sporepedia in spore)

It’s makes a lot of sense to me that something like that will be in the game, even if it will be added in a very late stage, and i just want to know if you thought on somthing like that.

More deeply: what i mean is that it’s possible to build a website that will be managed by the community, and everyone who builds a mod will be able to upload it there. Since the game UI is HTML and javascript it should be easy to have it conected to the game. Then thruogh an option in the main manu like “modpedia” people will be able to view mods, download them and it will automatically install them (like sporepedia in spore), and before every game, they will be able to choose what mods they whant to use.

• what would you say is the next major component you want to address
    once building and crafting are nailed down?
6 Likes
  • will you get any bonuses, like protection from weather damage, if you build a workshop or a bed inside a building rather than outside? in other words, is there any reason to build houses, and not just put everything outside and surround the area with walls?
5 Likes

will we be able to house farms indoors? like build a farm, then smack some walls and a roof around it, and a door?

Are there Stonehearth gods?

I’m pretty sure this has been discussed and their response at the time was, if there are gods then it is unlikely you will see them walking around the place … I think it came up in one of the early streams, someone will correct me if I’m wrong!

We know that one of the human factions is ‘Raya’s Children’ to me that sounds like Raya might be some sort of deity, I would imagine we will see some deities in the lore, the extent of which I think we’ll just have to wait.

If the weaver is created after the carpenter, how is it that the carpenter has a rug in his workshop?
I thought carpets are made by weavers or tailors.
(Please delete this post if it’s a silly question or I’m pushing unnecesary realism)

Can you show the bunny people for, say, a solid 30 seconds? (pre writing rocks!)

how would you get the different genders of workers, would it be a 50-50 chance when you get one or is it a choice?

will there be sporting events or game type things between your villagers?

[color=blue]Answer: yes, playing with balls, etc.[/color]

• what are the plans for your swag store, if any…
1 Like

Will the Magma Smith be able to make things out of obsidian? Like maybe walls, doors, draw bridges or even furniture( I would love to make an obsidian bed frame). Possibly weapons and armor when as he gets to a higher level.

Will dyes be handled in a fairly realistic way with a similar style to Minecraft, mainly coming from flowers and such, or are you considering dyes to have more hard-to-find ingredients, making dyed clothing etc. somewhat of a luxury?

[color=blue]Answer: dyes will be handled in a realistic way (plants, minerals, etc.)[/color]

1 Like

reposting from the question bank, on behalf of @blackArcher52

You said last stream we could design a flag or symbol right in the beginning of the game. How will this be handled? Will we just use a simple in game painter? Or will we pick from prefabs?

[color=blue]Answer: have to figure it out; ideal would be simple in-game painter (eventually); for beta, likely to have pre-fabs[/color]

2 Likes

And on a very related note, if a weaver is a very early-game class, would it be the weaver who you might need to unlock these [your flag or symbol]? I’d say that would be pretty cool :smile:

Will there be a separate tailor class or will you integrate it with the weaver?

[color=blue]Answer: the tailor and weaver shall essentially share roles, with the weaver potentially upgrading to the tailor[/color]